Reason why I (and probably others) will have to quit Penciljack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason why I (and probably others) will have to quit Penciljack

Not only can I not upload any art but I cannot even upload a simple avatar pic on this site. I also just tried to add to a thread that I had started but I am getting a message telling me that my post was "unapproved." I have no idea why. There was no bad language or images so I thought it must be because I included clickable links. So I tried to erase the links and it will not even let me do that. What is more, is that every time I contact PencilJack for Help I get ignored! What kind of site is this? It is very inhospitable here. I guess I have to go.

Originally posted by Trenor View Post
    Not only can I not upload any art but I cannot even upload a simple avatar pic on this site. I also just tried to add to a thread that I had started but I am getting a message telling me that my post was "unapproved." I have no idea why. There was no bad language or images so I thought it must be because I included clickable links. So I tried to erase the links and it will not even let me do that. What is more, is that every time I contact PencilJack for Help I get ignored! What kind of site is this? It is very inhospitable here. I guess I have to go.
    Welcome to PencilJack, Trenor. Sorry you're having trouble. I hope you'll reconsider leaving. I'm a moderator not an admin or the stie owner, so there's only so much I can do. But I'll try to help you as much as I can. The site has had a lot of technical issues since being forced to upgrade to the latest forum software a few years ago, including posts being flagged as spam and not being able to submit a profile pic. The unapproved problem doesn't happen as often, but the profile pic thing is still an issue. I'll check to see if you have any posts awaiting approval.

Problems posting images in posts are usually a user error. You have to host your image somewhere on the Net (DeviantArt, Facebook, imgur.com, etc.) and put a direct link to the image file (.png, .jpg) in image tags which can be done with the image button on top of the post editor. You cannot attach an image even though the option is in the post editor. You have to link them from somewhere else. Let me know if you have any more problems with that.

The site owner doesn't log in here very often. He may check the site from time to time without logging in. I don't know. If you need help, it's best to post in this subforum like you did, or contact me or one of the other moderators.
    Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

I approved your post. All the links may have triggered the spam protection. Let us know if you have any more problems.
      Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

This should be a wake-up call, the very corw functionality of the site has been crippled for too long. If you are not a site veteran, posting art is next to impossible, sadly. I hope it can be remedied in some way in 2021
        "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
        |LHW Bottomfeeder|
        PJ Sketchblog
        petethacreepofficial

Comment

This is sad. Feels like PJ is on its last legs anyway, and functionality issues would be the final nail in the coffin. I've barely seen Terry around in the 7 years (on and off) I've been here – I know he doesn't do the chatting thing, but he did drop by for tech issues in the past.

Don't want to start another 'why I don't PJ anymore...' thread, but is there an argument for starting something over elsewhere, leveraging the PJ brand? I hate to say Facebook (as I don't use it personally), but I suspect it's very popular.
          HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

https://www.penciljack.com/forum/div...-to-this-place
            |LHW Bottomfeeder|
            PJ Sketchblog
            petethacreepofficial

Comment

He isn’t wrong, I mean things are broken. I used to manage a vBulletin board, I can help out if needed, can even remove the upload option since it isn’t working and requires server space...it is misleading for new users. Would love to be able to add a signature and a avatar pic too
              Deviant Art | Youtube

Comment

Hey folks. Sorry, it's been a tough several months. I'm alive and able to access again, and I will start looking into the issues. Feel free to keep posting and help me prioritize the issues
                Terry
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by penciljack View Post
                  Hey folks. Sorry, it's been a tough several months. I'm alive and able to access again, and I will start looking into the issues. Feel free to keep posting and help me prioritize the issues
                  Maybe not the highest priority, but not being able to change my profiles image or add a signature after far surpassing the posted post count needed has been a pet peeve of mine
                  Deviant Art | Youtube

Comment

Welp. Found the reason for that. All the promotions have been lost. Looking into it now.
                    Terry
                    [email protected]

Comment

Maulsmash - can you check whether you're able to upload an avatar now?
                      Terry
                      [email protected]

Comment

It worked!
                        Deviant Art | Youtube

Comment

Welcome to the fancy pic club
                          |LHW Bottomfeeder|
                          PJ Sketchblog
                          petethacreepofficial

Comment

Originally posted by Maulsmash View Post
                            It worked!
                            Woo! I expect the crowds to flood in within days.
                            HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post

Woo! I expect the crowds to flood in within days.
                              LOL not likely but I'm still glad to be able to make a small improvement
                              Terry
                              [email protected]

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X