Prose novel to graphic novel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prose novel to graphic novel

Not sure if this is the right sub for this, but I have a question about converting a novel to a comic.

On average, would anyone have an idea of how many comic pages per page of prose?

On average - how many miles exist between here and there?

Matt Feazell once did the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire in 9 panels... on a quarter sheet of letter paper.
    PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
      Matt Feazell once did the Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire in 9 panels... on a quarter sheet of letter paper.
      WOW! That's pretty good. one and a half panels per volume.

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the...=9780140437645

CyberLord
      Smashing 37 arch-villains into raisins with his bare-hands since 1971!

Comment

Earlier this year, I was offered to draw a comic book based on a screenplay. The screenplay itself was a 36 page PDF as submitted to me. I read through the screenplay and I had to actually break it down into the sequences and scenes that made sense to my artist's eye. After I thumbnailed it out, I actually ended up with 47 comic book pages. I really did enjoy the story and working on it. Although the process of breaking down the screenplay into individual comic pages was time consuming, it was a fun challenge. But I'm glad I charged a separate fee for thumbnails because the project unfortunately ended up falling through,

Just beware that a novel is not the same as a comic book plot/script. You're in for a lot of work if you're expected to translate that novel into comic book script. In my case, the lesson I learned would be to kick back the screenplay and have the writer get it into a comic book script/plot.
        Rene Arreola

Comment

Originally posted by Rene A. View Post
          Earlier this year, I was offered to draw a comic book based on a screenplay. The screenplay itself was a 36 page PDF as submitted to me. I read through the screenplay and I had to actually break it down into the sequences and scenes that made sense to my artist's eye. After I thumbnailed it out, I actually ended up with 47 comic book pages. I really did enjoy the story and working on it. Although the process of breaking down the screenplay into individual comic pages was time consuming, it was a fun challenge. But I'm glad I charged a separate fee for thumbnails because the project unfortunately ended up falling through,

Just beware that a novel is not the same as a comic book plot/script. You're in for a lot of work if you're expected to translate that novel into comic book script. In my case, the lesson I learned would be to kick back the screenplay and have the writer get it into a comic book script/plot.

Thanks.

I've worked with two writers that provided me with scripts that were written for film and found that it worked out to about 1.5 comic pages per script page (similar to your experience).

Comment

That’s really interesting. I’m at least glad to know I’m somewhere near the mark
            Rene Arreola

Comment

Hi im looking for a writter to work with and create art for... Any chance I can do a page and see if were a fit? I want my work published and credited. IM trying to grow my portfolio. I also have no Problem signing an NDA.

Comment

Well Im doing a 28 pager its taken me 2.5weeks.. im using the materiaal for Inkoctober

Comment

I write my stories online, and copy and paste them into my iPad and make them into scripts. An eight page prose story chapter can end up becoming a 20 page comic.
                  The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X