• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 50%grey
    Ma-Ma's not the law... I'm the LAW!
    [SUPPORTER]
    • May 2002

I loved when Yusuke Murata would stream his whole work day on U stream. He did that for like a year, amazing stuff.

I think he's too busy with movies, animation etc right now because his channel hasn't been updated for awhile now.
    “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Comment

• pmginn
      • May 2005

You can find a bunch of video of Takehiko Inoue drawing/inking/etc. https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...takehiko+inoue

I recently read in an interview that Hiroaki Samura uses Microns to ink... This whole time I thought he was just going nuts with a nib. https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2015...himoto-naruto/ (SPOILERS for those of you that haven't gotten to the end of Blade Of The Immortal or Naruto, so be careful).
      Phillip Ginn

Comment

• Pencilero
        Tactical Dingus
        • Jan 2005

Video game artist Shigenori Soejima at work.
        New and improved for 1996!
        Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

• Johnny Blaque
          YEAOH!!!
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by robozo View Post
          is working traditional inking and drawing common in japan? i thought they use a lot of computers...
          Actually, despite the misconceptions, the Japanese are a lot more slow to accept technology to a certain extent. Most of the population doesn't use any computers outside of their phones and in the manga world, it was very rare to see cg coloring up until maybe just a few years back. Even the concept artists who do use computers for art often use super old versions of popular art progs. I'd say ever since the Naruto guy started going all digital is when I started noticing a shift with more artists going digital too.
          YEAOH!!!

Comment

• Pencilero
            Tactical Dingus
            • Jan 2005

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Araki Hirohiko Interview: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure【English Subbed】1/3
            Araki Hirohiko Interview: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure【English Subbed】2/3
            Araki Hirohiko Interview: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure【English Subbed】3/3

Comment

• 50%grey
              [SUPPORTER]
              • May 2002

I wish there was more episodes of the Manben series.

Also next time an artist tells you dont worry about what tools they use, point him to this video of Urasawa
              creating a series so he could ask everyone what pen they use haha

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...#video=x65w5fu
              “Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Comment

• Voider
                • Mar 2005

Ryoichi Ikegami, full show, you can see him draw and ink various characters.

Was always a big fan of his so it's a rare treat to actually see the master at work!

Comment

• Pencilero
                  Tactical Dingus
                  • Jan 2005

Wow, I love this so much. Akiman, Capcom artist. His work was hugely impactful on my life.

Comment

• D.C.
                    Drawer Of Drawings
                    • Sep 2009

Originally posted by 50%grey View Post
                    I wish there was more episodes of the Manben series.

Also next time an artist tells you dont worry about what tools they use, point him to this video of Urasawa
                    creating a series so he could ask everyone what pen they use haha

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/...#video=x65w5fu
                    I love that series. Believe I watched all of them out there. Wish there was an American sort of show like that as well. Other than a couple videos Mark Brooks did a number of years ago, never saw a page worked on start to finish.

Yoshikadu Hamada livestreams almost everyday (live as of this posting) and answers questions people ask as he does so. Sadly he doesn't save the videos afterwards anymore but you can still find some from a few years ago. Works completely digital.

artSTATION | deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

• 50%grey
                      [SUPPORTER]
                      • May 2002

DC just check the creative section of twitch every couple of days.

There is actually a lot of pros live streaming now. Everything from inkers, pencilers, and colorists for comics from all over the world.

Its a cool time to be alive.

Comment

• CrazyMobius
                        Instagram: @crazymobius
                        • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Pencilero View Post
                        Wow, I love this so much. Akiman, Capcom artist. His work was hugely impactful on my life.

I saw that video too. I was very impressed with the grid paper part!
                        Those sprite sketches were amazing and I’d never seen them before. The upcoming SF anniversary collection in May will have more rare production sketch art.

Comment

• Donny Yi George
                          • Mar 2018

Awesome thread. I love seeing the studio setups as well as working process. 浅野 いにお | Inio Asano Interview

Comment

• 50%grey
                            [SUPPORTER]
                            • May 2002

Ive heard some american artists complain about Inio's process. That just baffles me, the guy can obviouslly draw at a very high level he is just trying to do something new that services his story.

Comment

• D.C.
                              Drawer Of Drawings
                              • Sep 2009

Holy moley, Yoshikadu Hamada saved one of his streams. Nearly 12 hours of manga drawing:

artSTATION | deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

• Pencilero
                                Tactical Dingus
                                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by D.C. View Post
                                Holy moley, Yoshikadu Hamada saved one of his streams. Nearly 12 hours of manga drawing:

It's glorious!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X