X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FreshNightmare
    • Jan 2017

Spidey Reflections

Hey comrades I'm just in the middle? 3/4 mark? of this piece. Thots and thoughts appreciated mkay.
  • Smitty
    • Mar 2007

Cute thought but nearly everything is bass ackwards.

Squeegees are best used horizontally not vertically. The reflections are in reverse order of clarity: Clearest reflection would be the cleaner, followed by Spidey with buildings being the least clear.

The upper and lower windows should have the same degree of transparency or opacity. If you can see into the upper window you can see through the lower. If you can’t see through the lower you can’t see through the upper.

No one’s working the upper window, it should be as dry as the squeegeed area of the lower window.

One horizon per picture please. According to the frame of the lower window, the horizon runs through the lower window which requires the typist’s figure and desk to be an up shot. As long as we’re talking about the typist, where are his legs?

Spidey’s shooting hand is above the horizon and we’re looking down on it and the palm. In the reflection we should see the back of Spidey’s hand not the palm.
    PaulMartinSmith

Comment

• FreshNightmare
      • Jan 2017

I know I was pulling wee kinkys the whole time. Thanks Smitty for the help, I think this idea would be worth doing right. As I was doing it I realized I'd set myself for several challenging tasks, but plowed forward in willful ignorance. There's no excuse tho.

Comment

• Joseph Dredd
        • Apr 2009

I love the concept!

Comment

• Ryan_Knight
          • May 2017

yeah, I agree, love the concept; would love to see it with the suggested modifications
          My New Comic
          My Instagram

Comment

• FreshNightmare
            • Jan 2017

Took another (less ambitious) crack at this idea.

Comment

• Spiffychicken
              Neophyte
              • Jun 2020

I liked the first idea better even though you had a bunch to fix.

on this one, the left leg looks weird/broken. I’d also have his left hand planted on the sill.

You should probably see his right foot somewhere in frame too.

Comment

• Joseph Dredd
                • Apr 2009

I like the original better, tbh

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X