Nightcrawler sketch/pose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightcrawler sketch/pose

Super rough, but I'm trying to force myself to push poses in more dynamic directions. I know he's gone all bendy around the middle, but I was pleased to break away from my usual stiffness.

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Sweeeet, I think Nightcrawler has some of the best poses, great character to depict with dynamic posing! I really like your piece Jim, hoping to see more, maybe with a BAMF or two.

Comment

I like the pose and the scribliness of it. But, it does look like his rib cage is really flattened out. Or, he's got some hidden Mr. Fantastic-like powers because it looks like he's stretching out his torso somehow. I'd add some lat-curve sweep to his back to help fill it out a bit.
      Rene ArreolaPatreonOnline Store

Comment

Mr Fantastic is right. That middle section has to go.

Watch your wrists. Bending the wrist up or out as you have is fine for Spider-Man if he's shooting his webs but there's no reason for Kurt to do so. You are your own best model; try putting your hands in those positions and feel how unnatural it is. Right hand, drop the wrist. Left hand, either rotate the hand 90°-180° or bend the elbow the other way.

PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Ooh, that middle section surgery by Mr. S alone made this piece 300% better.

Comment

Thanks all! I knew the middle was a bit Reed Richards, but I don't think I'd clocked that it was far too long as well as bendy. I was more focussed on keeping it supple than accurate. Thanks for the wrist stuff as well Smitty , that right wrist is especially egregious – can't get my own hand even close.
            HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

I've worked up my bendy Kurt. He's less bendy and hopefully the wrists are a little less borked.

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Yeaaahh!!!
                Rene ArreolaPatreonOnline Store

Comment

Better but you're still in Mr Fantastic territory. Get that crotch up in crotchville. Beware lumpy silhouettes, you're getting into Yomark territory.

If the elbow points out, the hand goes in and points across the body. To keep the hand as is, rotate the arm clockwise so the elbow points back

For Kurt's face, imagine a strong flashlight just in front of and below the chin.
                  PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Thanks Smitty – invaluable. I think I may have been 'scared straight' by the Yomark comment, it'll take me a while to shake that.

I've inked where I'm at and thrown some CMYK style colours on for fun (will do a proper colour job when I'm less stacked). Thanks all for the help, I've really enjoyed this one.

Edit: Overlong left leg corrected in inks only as I just spotted it (for shame!).
                    Last edited by Jim; 01-31-2021, 05:42 PM.
                    HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

And some quick markers from colouring in with the kids.

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        Thanks Smitty – invaluable. I think I may have been 'scared straight' by the Yomark comment, it'll take me a while to shake that.
                        THIS is the fate that awaits you if you don't change your ways now Jim!

sketchbook thread

Comment

Originally posted by battlewraith View Post

THIS is the fate that awaits you if you don't change your ways now Jim!

Holy ****, that's terrifying. He must have busted that one out after I'd left for my 'sabbatical'. That would definitely have stayed with me. #nightmarefuel
                          HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

I kinda miss the guy
                            Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
                            LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
                            http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X