Monster Sketch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monster Sketch

I did a couple of monster sketches today. Would love to hear what others thoughts are on these two pieces.

I'm liking the thick ink lines. Their heads seem a little large, but since they're monsters, I'm cool with it.
    http://chcomicart.blogspot.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/chris.haizlip/

Comment

I can see the first one as having too big a head but it's slightly foreshortened. I wanted it to look like it was kind of coming toward the viewer.

Also thanks for the thick line comment. I'm really trying to beef up the line quality in my drawings.

Comment

Just my two cents.. the body cannot be that much foreshortened in that 3/4 view. It just reads as smaller body/legs. And the reaching hand is not properly planted in perspective. Also, needs to be decided if it’s stationary or moving figure. Like the inking as well.

Comment

humble-tomato Thanks for the feedback. Yea, I see what you mean by the anatomy issues. It was a strange pose to begin with. Tried my best. Appreciate you liking my inking.

Comment

Redid the first monster sketch. Wanted some feedback regarding its anatomy. Some of its features are exaggerated such as his arms. Just know that's by design. The legs are three jointed like bird or a raptor and those are the parts of the drawing I worry about. The left leg looks slightly off for me. Let me know what you guys think.

Comment

Your style reminds me of Burne Hogarth's figure drawing style in "Dynamic Anatomy".
              Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

I think the legs need to be longer, can i try and ink this?
                Last edited by Josem; 01-28-2020, 09:57 AM.
                Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
                LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
                http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

pell, Thanks for the compliment. I like artists who have a strong graphic quality. People like Frank Miller and Norm Breyfogle.

Josem I think the problem is that his arms are very long. This isn't an original character of mine. Its a character from the SCP wiki, a fan controlled website where people submit their own monster and creature concepts. This character was described as having elongated arms which is what I tried to stick with. Maybe that's what's throwing off the drawing. His legs are "normal" sized but his arms make them look shorter by comparison. Then again maybe I just gave him shit legs. Either way thanks for the feedback. As for inking, let me post the updated version of this drawing before you do anything cause the image you are seeing now is not the finished product.

Gimme a minute and I'll post up the new image.

Comment

Here's the final drawing. Or as final as I could make it.

Comment

I was having fun with it, made the legs longer. If you dont want to see this here, just let me know, and i'll take it down. I like the final version.

Comment

Nah, its cool. I take it this is all digital correct?

Comment

That drawing looks dope as hell though. Also, I'm glad you liked the final version.
                          I can see where my anatomy goes to hell. I have such a hard time with clavicle are, where the deltoids and the pectorals fit in. Real frustrating.

Comment

Thanks, yeah, Clip Studio. You didn't draw the clavicle, but it kinda serves the creepy style youre going

Comment

Was gonna say his left knee/calf can be thicker and structured better, but I think Josem addressed it. One other thing though is left foot still needs to be lower than his right.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X