Another character Design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another character Design

Yet another character design. I'm going to have a few of these coming through so thanks for any input. This is supposed to be a 17 year old chick who is into punk and fashion. Oh she also can transform into a bear (those will be coming later) Anyway C + C thanks.

FB | DA | TUMBLR | INSTAGRAM

I really like the feel she looks "chill" I'd make the eye makeup a little more heavy. Also are you going for actual punk or hot topic mainstream punk?
    "A man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still."

Never argue with an Idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with exp.

http://toddoss.deviantart.com/

Comment

she's hot!
      Tumblr yay.

http://jaeilcho.tumblr.com/

Comment

Sweet Manji piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Toddoss View Post
          I really like the feel she looks "chill" I'd make the eye makeup a little more heavy. Also are you going for actual punk or hot topic mainstream punk?
          I agree with this. It could be exactly what you're going for but she's very Avril Lavigne Punk.
          BLOG : NODa

Comment

Although her fashion sense is a bit bung the drawing is amazing!

Comment

Great work as always Manji, but you might want to watch the resemblance to Avril Lavigne. That's who I thought this was at first, and had to read your post to determine that it isn't. I don't know if that's what you're going for or if you mind the resemblance, but it is pretty striking.

I'm interested in seeing this bear transformation, though. As far as I know Avril Lavigne can't do that (but she is canadian so who knows)

Comment

Thanks guys and yeah I did have Avril in mind with doing this but the resemblance is unintended. It may sound silly but I love Avril's mouth she has this unique curl at the end of her lips and I just dig it.

I have a catalog in my head of different facial features from people I like or that I think have unique faces or that I just think are hot. Then I pull 'parts' from my head and put a character together.

I did have her in mind for this one because I think the guy is wanting like a "punk pop" look thus the Avril connection. I will try and tone it down in the finished versions. Gotta see if the client likes it first.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't take the Avril comparisons as a negative, especially if that sort of pop-punk looks is what's called for here.

I'm a little surprised that anyone would mistake the character for Avril outright though. She (Avril) has a very distinctive face beyond the upturned mouth corners that you incorporated here. Your character has much softer features, a sort of implied innocence which probably works as a nice contrast to her bear form.
                  Unless she transforms into a Care Bear or something.
                  BLOG : NODa

Comment

The teddy bear on her vest and the claw are a nice touch. Nice stuff. Maybe a nose ring or one on her lip or something too.
                    "DRIVE ER LIKE YA STOLE ER!!!"
                    P.U.M.M.E.L. STATS: W:3 L:3 KO:3

Comment

great body language and design.

but watch her neck, it's not centered. maybe move the right shoulder out a bit
                      my comic
                      Sketchbook
                      blog
                      patreon

Comment

Thanks guys and good suggestions, I will end up adding more jewelry to her and good catch Hardcore on the neck. I will be doing a revamped version of her anyway because the client wants her more 'girly' .

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X