• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Hero 6 PUMMEL WIP

got two scenarios i am working on so far

First is a front on dynamic action pose

second is the group battling their villain from the movie

I like both so i may move on with both of them for now and decide later

i know these are extremely rough right now, but any crits on layout on character placement is very welcome!
    Thanks!
    Doodle Blog

The bottom one needs a little reinforcement of the spiral layout. Use the lines of action.
    I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
    my sketchbook

Comment

Thanks, i didnt even notice the spiral until you pointed it out,
      Here is an update, i think it's better, just need to make a few more adjustments i think and the start adding in some detail

Doodle Blog

Comment

Wow you really know your big hero 6 characters. I'd totally forgotten the marshmallow thing got itself suit of armour.

I think the girl on the skatewheels in the top picture needs to be grounded more a bit maybe....

Your roughs are looking good all up though.

Comment

That seems to flow better. Consider pulling them closer for a bit of overlap to establish some depth.
          I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
          my sketchbook

Comment

Update with some details added. not real satisfied with it, may scrap and start over
            Opinions?
            Doodle Blog

Comment

I was playing with your lay-out, trying to create more depth, but yeah... i believe if you change the size of the characters you can make it work, also draw to your horizon line.
              Middlweight | W:6 L:0 KOs:4 | Streetfights: W:2 L:0 kOs:1
              LightHeavies | W:7| L :3 KOs: ​6
              http://nabisga.deviantart.com/gallery/

Comment

Wow! that is a helluva sketch! if mine looked that good i would just use it for my submission! haha
                i think i need to rethink the whole concept. Your layout looks great but i still have to cram in three more characters :/
                Doodle Blog

Comment

New direction, feeling this one a little more.
                  Doodle Blog

Comment

That last sketch iteration looked pretty good! It seems like the smoke cloud going is pulling my eye the page to the right a little bit though. Not sure what I would do to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Skothu23 View Post
                      Update with some details added. not real satisfied with it, may scrap and start over
                      Opinions?
                      I really like this one myself, it flows well and I like how it's centered around the bad guy, maybe if Hiro and Baymax were in the background, flying down from the top left corner, it would form a great ring around him.
                      PJ Sketchblog | caperandcrow.tumblr.com | Instagram
                      *Commissions are open!*
                      Pummel Stats: LHW: KO-4/W-3/L-0 ~~ HW: KO-0/W-2/L-0 ~~ SF: KO-1/W-0/L-2

Comment

went ahead and finished this up . Thanks for the suggestions and advice everyone! as always its great to have extra eyes to see things i dont
                        Doodle Blog

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X