Barbara Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbara Gordon

I like the composition and pose, but she's got this thousand-yard stare going on.
    Dino Nebitt
    LHW: 3W-1L-0KO
    SF: 1W-1L-1KO

Comment

Yeah, her eyelids (top and bottom) should touch her pupils, or you get this 'Whaaa?!?' expression.
      OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
      My Blog
      My DeviantART Page
      PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

I really like your style. It took me a second or two before
        I noticed the shadow. cute.
        www.facebook.com/MikeJamesArt
        Odds 'n' Sods Art Blog
        Etsy Store

Comment

Her feet are ENORMOUS.
          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Not too bad. It's a shame there's no other way to make us know this is Barbara Gordon without the shadow. And speaking of shadows...

Even though the shadow is indeed "cute," it doesn't quite make much sense where it's been placed.

Agree about the eyes. I also don't like the tick lines you used to delineate her right breast and her right ankle.
            Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Proportionally, the foot is about equal to the forearm. I got that from Vitruvian Man.

Beastie is right though, Enormous.

Last edited by Veritas71; 03-18-2015, 03:24 PM.
              OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
              My Blog
              My DeviantART Page
              PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

This is gorgeous. Very cool style.

I agree that the foot is huge. I disagree that the tick lines look bad. And I definitely disagree that her shadow doesn't make sense. I don't know if that's ever mattered in comic book art. There's a Jim Lee splash page where Batman is holding Catwoman's limp body (while Joker's face leers from the moon) and none of the shadows on Batman share the same lightsource as Catwoman's shadows. Nobody cares, but it drives my OCD mind crazy. It that gets a pass, this definitely gets a pass.

Comment

I made her feet smaller and added color. Thanks for all the feedback.

Comment

I like a lot about your style, but for gods sake sort those crazy eyes out.
                    HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Yeah, I got what people were saying about the feet, but I'm really not seeing what everyone says the problem is with the eyes. To me it looks like she is looking just over the right shoulder of the "camera." Can someone specify exactly what is the issue with her eyes? "Crazy eyes" and "thousand yard stare" are not helpful because I'm not seeing what you are.

Comment

if you are in shock, really surprised, terrified etc your eyes are really wide open and the iris is not covered in any part by the eyelids and that's the case in your picture.

Comment

Originally posted by mohikaner View Post
                          if you are in shock, really surprised, terrified etc your eyes are really wide open and the iris is not covered in any part by the eyelids and that's the case in your picture.
                          Yeah, but that's the same thing that people's eyes do when they're pleasantly surprised as well.

I actually like the eyes like this. It's such a solid picture I never viewed it as a screw-up by the artist, I viewed it as us catching her at a transitional moment between emotions. I feel it's much more dramatic because I'm curious to what she's responding to.

I vote against changing the eyes.

Comment

To me, the problem with the eyes is not so much how they're drawn, but the fact that it looks like the eye line is at a different angle than her face. So, her left (our right) eye seems higher in the face than the other one.
                            Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X