Beast WIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beast WIP

It's been a very long while since I've posted anything here. Last year I had a job with a long commute that ate up all my time, and this year I haven't been able to do anything because a fire burned down my house in January taking all my art equipment (and literally the near entirety of everything I owned) with it. But, I finally have a minimal art capability back with a used laptop and a cheap tablet. Decided to get back into the swing of things with a picture of Beast from Beauty in the Beast.

I'm working on this because I felt like Beast much of this last year. I had a crush on a woman for the first time in 12 years and wound up losing 135 lbs because of it. Of course, it didn't help... I didn't get the girl, but I feel better.

Wow, marvelous job so far!
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/CarlShinyama

Windsurfer Twitter: https://twitter.com/WindsurferComic

Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/WindsurferComic

Comment

Beautiful beast!

Try to stay positive...your weigh loss is great too. Keep it up

Comment

Great work so far, Enigmanaut! Sorry to hear of your past year's misfortunes, but it does sound like you are coming out on the other side for the better! As for the crush---women come and women go, but YOU lost 135 pounds, added years to your life AND are producing artwork again! Who needs a woman?! (But don't worry, another one will come along; they outnumber us menfolk about three-to-one apparently...)

Comment

Sounds like you've been through the wringer. Remember though.. that success is about getting back up after getting the crap kicked out of you. You can tell that your art is coming from an internal place. The technique is solid and the story-telling is really present.

On the art itself.. whatever that thing is coming from the ceiling.. it's line just kind of vanishes behind Beast and it looks like it should continue back behind his legs.
          I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. ~Pablo Picasso

my deviantart
          my sketchbook

Comment

Originally posted by Carl_Shinyama View Post
            Wow, marvelous job so far!
            Originally posted by mohikaner View Post
            Beautiful beast!

Try to stay positive...your weigh loss is great too. Keep it up
            Originally posted by jeffchris50 View Post
            Great work so far, Enigmanaut! Sorry to hear of your past year's misfortunes, but it does sound like you are coming out on the other side for the better! As for the crush---women come and women go, but YOU lost 135 pounds, added years to your life AND are producing artwork again! Who needs a woman?! (But don't worry, another one will come along; they outnumber us menfolk about three-to-one apparently...)
            Originally posted by MLaw View Post
            Sounds like you've been through the wringer. Remember though.. that success is about getting back up after getting the crap kicked out of you. You can tell that your art is coming from an internal place. The technique is solid and the story-telling is really present.
            Thanks, all, for the comments. I'm getting my life back together...and the crush, don't even really care anymore. Certainly am no longer after that specific girl. It was months ago, and I did have the pleasure of seeing her after all my weight came off openly stare at me.

Originally posted by MLaw View Post
            On the art itself.. whatever that thing is coming from the ceiling.. it's line just kind of vanishes behind Beast and it looks like it should continue back behind his legs.
            That's a door. It's hard to tell from the underdrawing, because there's a tangent I'll need to fix in the final linework, but the other side of Beast's cape-cloak thingy is blocking the lower part from view.

Comment

Nice, clean lines and great likeness! Couple of things stood out to me though. The table with the rose on it isn't in perspective (it should be top looking down, not bottom looking up), and his left arm seems to disappear into the table too. Also, the cape is getting lost in the line of the bottom of the wall. Keep up the good work!
              My P.U.M.M.E.L. stats
              HW Wins -6, Losses - 5, K.O. - 2, Months Champion - 1
              LHW Wins - 10, Losses - 0, K.O. - 7, Months Champion - 3
              Hall of Fame: 2

My website

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problems. Ghostcat and the others cover some the points i wanted to mention.
                Great line work. I can only add that the compostion ans stroytelling is lacking. I don't know what I'm supposed to look at. Younaren't drawing my to anything. The only action is the with the hands, which are blocked from view, so i can't what they are doing.

Also i don't know what story is being told. I have a clue from your post update, but the illustration needs to stand alone.,
                Last edited by Symson; 08-27-2013, 01:29 AM.
                Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Comment

Great story. Great art.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X