Greek Mythology - On-Going Series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek Mythology - On-Going Series

I just started a new project for myself (and a helluva goal) to draw all the monsters and creatures from greek mythology. So i will update this thread as i finish the sketches. Also to go a long with each sketch i will post a time-lapse video to go along with it to show my process.

Btw, i am using the list from wikipedia found HERE and just starting from the top and working my down.

So, first up is Cerberus! Everyone's favorite Hound from HELL!

If you dont like the music just mute it. i only had a short track that i made in garage band that i just looped several times. but i think it fits. its something i will work on in the future.

Thanks for viewing!
    Last edited by Skothu23; 08-28-2012, 12:47 PM.
    Doodle Blog

Part 2

CHARYBDIS

Last edited by Skothu23; 08-28-2012, 08:31 PM.
    Doodle Blog

Comment

This is a great idea for a thread.and sure to promote development.cant wait to see all my faves.this may be better suited to a members blog?
      Nice though.keep at it
      Pummel- LHW -W 9-L 4-KO 7

Comment

I had thought about that, but i wasnt sure i could since i already have a blog in that forum. is it cool if i open a second one just for this series?
        Also, it seems this thread gets a lot more traffic than the art blog thread does
        Doodle Blog

Comment

Updated Post. Now with video!
          Doodle Blog

Comment

Here is part 3!

Empousa

Here's the video. Going with a different format than the other two. Includes facts about the character I'm drawing.
            Doodle Blog

Comment

Currently working on the next video, and i have to ask: do i really need the music in there? is it more of annoyance or does it make it more watchable?
              Doodle Blog

Comment

Here is part 4 finally, the video is a little is long. this one took me a while mostly because of the scales.
                here is the finished sketch

crits are welcome! on both video and drawing please
                Doodle Blog

Comment

Having a little trouble laying this one out
                  So here is a rough WIP for Scylla

Right now, I think she looks to cute rather than revolting and menacing

Any suggestions?

Ps the numbers are for the number of heads and tentacles she should have. (6 heads and 12 tentacles)
                  Doodle Blog

Comment

I gotta say this is awesome. I love Greek mythology (The odyssey in particular) Can;t wait to see your take on the Olympians and the Titans

Comment

You know what's crazy? I was scrolling down this post and was thinking to myself "I'm gonna suggest he draw Empusa". So, how about Cecrops, or Argus? Btw, did you do JCL, or even better, certamen?

EDIT: just saw that in your original post, you mentioned you were working off a list... just outed myself as a massive Latin nerd for no reason.
                      Last edited by ghostcat; 10-04-2012, 01:40 AM.
                      My P.U.M.M.E.L. stats
                      HW Wins -6, Losses - 5, K.O. - 2, Months Champion - 1
                      LHW Wins - 10, Losses - 0, K.O. - 7, Months Champion - 3
                      Hall of Fame: 2

My website

Comment

@JiuJitsuero - Thanks! I've always been really into greek mythology as well. even when i was a little kid. I think right now im just going to focus on the monsters of greek mythology, once i get through the list though, i might try my hand at the titans, gods, and heroes

@ghostcat - haha, well im glad you like it so far. i enjoyed that empousa piece, it was the funnest so far. those gorgons are a pain in the ass to draw haha. even that list that i am going off of is incomplete, it doesnt even have Scylla on there. so if you see anything missing from the list please let me know so i can add them in.
                        Doodle Blog

Comment

Here is the drawing for Scylla

Video:
                          Last edited by Skothu23; 10-11-2012, 03:39 PM.
                          Doodle Blog

Comment

The Graeae

Doodle Blog

Comment

Nice, I love your series!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X