4 pages from an aborted project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 pages from an aborted project

Here are 4 pages from what would have been issue 7 of a book I was working on last year, when the writer and I joined a new publisher and switched to another project. So the rest of this story won't get done.

This script was for a book called "Mercury & the Murd" and was a light action/comedy about two cops -- one of which was an extreme geek, and they solved geek-related crimes (stuff involving comic books, cosplay, etc).

This story involved the two main characters encountering a guy acting as a vigilante/costumed hero. The first scene took place at a comic convention.

Since these pages will never see the light of publication, I figured I'd post them here, and a least get some crits on them. The new project I'm working on now -- I'm not allowed to show any of the pages until the book is out.

So your new project is more promising...7 issues is a stretch..how far along were you.
    Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

The project was with a very small (one man) writer/publisher, and had very little distribution or financing behind it. None of our books were ever distributed nationally through Diamond. We were really doing it for the love of making comics (and me to try to hone my storytelling skills).

The writer and I last year joined forces with a number of other independent creators and have formed a new publishing company that is much bigger/stronger.

My new project (a book called "FRACTURE") is coming out in July and is being distributed through Diamond. We raised the printing costs through a kickstarter project that was pretty well supported.

The writer of my old project is also working on a book for the new company (with another artist).

My new company, by the way, is called Action Lab Entertainment.

www.actionlabcomics.com

Comment

Page 2, panel 4 is VERY suggestive.
        My Deviant Art page
        My PUMMEL stats
        PUMMEL stats: 61 wins | 58 losses | 31 KOs
        2 Time Heavyweight Champion
        Light Heavyweight Commissioner

Comment

Originally posted by ccicconi View Post
          The project was with a very small (one man) writer/publisher, and had very little distribution or financing behind it. None of our books were ever distributed nationally through Diamond. We were really doing it for the love of making comics (and me to try to hone my storytelling skills).

The writer and I last year joined forces with a number of other independent creators and have formed a new publishing company that is much bigger/stronger.

My new project (a book called "FRACTURE") is coming out in July and is being distributed through Diamond. We raised the printing costs through a kickstarter project that was pretty well supported.

The writer of my old project is also working on a book for the new company (with another artist).

My new company, by the way, is called Action Lab Entertainment.

www.actionlabcomics.com
          Best Wishes
          I'll have to check them out..
          Keep that Pencil Busy!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X