Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14 aka Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 quick thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lenovo Ideapad Flex 14 aka Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 quick thoughts

So, I was in the market for a new laptop/drawing tablet and I wanted something very affordable and I could draw on. So I see Amazon offers this on a new payment plan type thing where you can pay it off in 4 or 5 months. It's also just $500 which was most appealing. They also offer the Surface Laptop 2 but I had a bad taste in my mouth from the Surface pro 4 that died last year and I find out had no support for it. So I went Lenovo this time. There are some reviews for this particular model but not a lot. I'm here to say that this laptop is pretty good! I don't know much about technical specs compared to everything else. I just know it's a bigger screen than my Surface Pro 4, functionally it's very similar running with Windows. The drawing aspect right out of the box is way better. With those older Surfaces you had to tweak things here and there to get the accuracy up to snuff, here it's just great right off the bat. I can basically have the pen almost parallel with the screen and it still draws accurately. But here is the main problem I have run into so far. Due to whatever system this computer uses to do it's drawing magic, I have run into problems with most free drawing programs recognizing the pen sensitivity. Sketchbook Pro works like a dream. Absolutely awesome. Krita, a program I have no previous experience with has problems where the first few lines work draw but without pressure sensitivity and then it draws in this weird way where it it does use pressure sensitivity but the "brushes" are blotchy like it's stringing together the brush samples in a very obvious way instead of the seamless way we are all use to. Paint Tool Sai doesn't recognize this pen at all but I think it's a Windows 10 thing?

Photoshop stuff supposedly works fine since video reviews have shown it working but I don't have a copy since CC is too expensive for my hobbyist tastes and I've fallen out of the "aquiring" scene lol. I have a copy of Manga/Clip Studio 4(I think?) but again I purchased that during the Windows 7 days so I don't know if they will give me a version that works with Windows 10 so I admittedly haven't tried it.

So in all, I'm just saying my thoughts I haven't seen people bring up really with this model. There are others experiencing the Krita problems I have with other Lenovo products on reddIt. Just leaving this here for anyone else gathering data for their purchase of this affordable laptop. Hard to beat the price for what this does with it's specs of a 14 inch display, tablet/laptop combo with flexible screen and ability to draw on the screen.
    YEAOH!!!

I haven't mucked around with tablet pcs for a long time. How about some pics on work you created, even if it's just sketches.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X