Osgoodcomix Art Blog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osgoodcomix Art Blog

Let me start. This is what I put up on my Twitter page. For 2021 Day 1, of which the theme is "crystal". I drew a Crystalid mother with her baby.

Last edited by osgoodcomix; 10-07-2021, 06:02 AM.

Day 2 - Suit

Last edited by osgoodcomix; 10-06-2021, 05:22 PM.

Comment

Comment

Day 4 - Knot

Comment

• Soda Party Network
          Soda Party Network commented
          Editing a comment
          Whoa! Is this your original character? I like him already! He looks really cool what's he about?

Day 5 - Raven

Comment

Comment

Nice work. I admire the effort you're putting in. I'm doing a variation on inktober myself, and it's definitely more work than I realised.

As an aside, I've been told we shouldn't be using the Inktober hashtag for various controversy related reasons. I don't know the truth of it, and have no horse in the race, but thought I'd drop that in, before someone more militaristic about such things gets stuck in.
            HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Thanks Jim. I took out the tags on the first post. And yes, it's a bit of work, but worth it.

Comment

Soda Party Network commented
                Yesterday, 04:17 PM Whoa! Is this your original character? I like him already! He looks really cool what's he about?
                I appreciate the thought, but it's not my original character. It's Hooded Justice from the Watchmen. Invented by Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons.

Comment

Your men are wearing women's blouses and coats. Men's button flaps fall left side over right, women's fall right side over left as you have shown. This is a holdover from the early days of buttons which were a rich person's luxury. Men buttoned themselves while women were dressed by their maids. In both instances buttons were placed on the right side for right handed people.

The hem of a man's suit jacket lines up with the lowest knuckle of the thumb (the one just above the nail)
                  PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Day 7 - "Fan". Hand bothers me. I REALLY REALLY RUSHED this. Hand bothers me, and the right boob is nonexistent.

Comment

Welcome to PencilJack, osgoodcomix. Since this thread is turning out to be a collection of your own work, I moved it to the Member Art Blogs forum. Finished Work is for posting individual works for critique, with new work getting a new thread. If you want to show the progress of your art as you work on it and respond to critique, the Sketches & Works in Progress forum would be the place to post, again with each thread showing progress of a particular work of art.

Edit: If you want it to remain as a thread for multiple people to post their work, I can move it to Community Projects, which is where the thread as you originally intended it would go.

Feel free to change the name of this thread to reflect that it is specifically your art blog, but you don't have to.
                      Last edited by pell; 10-07-2021, 03:13 PM.
                      Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                        I've been told we shouldn't be using the Inktober hashtag for various controversy related reasons. I don't know the truth of it, and have no horse in the race, but thought I'd drop that in, before someone more militaristic about such things gets stuck in.
                        I'm not aware of that policy, official or unofficial. Can you point to cases here on the forum of people being advised to avoid using that tag?
                        Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
                          Your men are wearing women's blouses and coats. Men's button flaps fall left side over right, women's fall right side over left as you have shown. This is a holdover from the early days of buttons which were a rich person's luxury. Men buttoned themselves while women were dressed by their maids. In both instances buttons were placed on the right side for right handed people.

The hem of a man's suit jacket lines up with the lowest knuckle of the thumb (the one just above the nail)
                          Thanks, Smitty.

Comment

Originally posted by pell View Post
                            Welcome to PencilJack, osgoodcomix. Since this thread is turning out to be a collection of your own work, I moved it to the Member Art Blogs forum. Finished Work is for posting individual works for critique, with new work getting a new thread. If you want to show the progress of your art as you work on it and respond to critique, the Sketches & Works in Progress forum would be the place to post, again with each thread showing progress of a particular work of art.

Edit: If you want it to remain as a thread for multiple people to post their work, I can move it to Community Projects, which is where the thread as you originally intended it would go.

Feel free to change the name of this thread to reflect that it is specifically your art blog, but you don't have to.
                            Thank you, Pell, for making the alterations as you saw fit. I may indeed do change the name of the title..perhaps when November roll around.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X