• Show
Clear All

Day sixty-nine: Madman

#scratchaday

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiermouse View Post
      Day sixty-nine: Madman

#scratchaday

You’re very good at feathering and cross-hatching, how did you learn those techniques?
      The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Corona View Post

You’re very good at feathering and cross-hatching, how did you learn those techniques?
        Thanks! I once read someone say that feathering should follow the flow of the form. Probably here on PJ, years ago. I also was shown some drawings by Da Vinci, which showed some real expertise in hatching and line work. That influenced me.

I used to draw little sketches in church on the paper program or offering envelopes, and I suppose I figured out what worked and what didn't there too.

I guess it's all about studying great artwork and finding what makes something feel right.

Comment

Originally posted by hoosiermouse View Post

Thanks! I once read someone say that feathering should follow the flow of the form. Probably here on PJ, years ago. I also was shown some drawings by Da Vinci, which showed some real expertise in hatching and line work. That influenced me.

I used to draw little sketches in church on the paper program or offering envelopes, and I suppose I figured out what worked and what didn't there too.

I guess it's all about studying great artwork and finding what makes something feel right.
          Thank you for taking the time to answer.
          The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Day seventy: Megara . By far my favorite of the Disney ladies, a perfect sarcastic offset to the naive Hercules. #scratchaday

Comment

Day seventy-one: Darkhawk. This character is one of frequent conversation at my office. It's my close friend's (and the CEO of my company) favorite comic book from our shared youth. I totally get it. The character has some really fun stories, albeit some very difficult geometry on his pauldrons. I was in a bit of a rush with this one, as I was under a time crunch to finish this while talking with my brother and parents before picking up my kids from a school function. I was almost late! But ART.

#scratchaday

Comment

Your rushed work looks a thousand percent better than drawings I spent a lot of time on!

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Thanks! I am looking forward to my first Pummel, where I do a complete illustration more than just sketches.

Comment

Day 72: Tiadaalma. She is the Blood Elf Paladin that kept my Tauren Warrior alive in World of Warcraft for years. Also known as Becky Blackwell. I missed drawing this on her birthday, as intended, but am glad I remembered today because this was fun to draw! #scratchaday

Comment

Day seventy-three: Post Mahomes. My girlfriend made the pun while we started watching the #superbowlLIV, I ran with it. #scratchaday

Comment

Day seventy-four: Moon Knight

#scratchaday

Comment

Day seventy-five: Juggernaut #scratchaday

Comment

Day 76: Uatu the Watcher #scratchaday

Comment

Day seventy-seven: Cutter #scratchaday

Comment

Day seventy-eight: Gambit

#scratchaday