• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day one-hundred sixty-eight: Nick Fury #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-nine: Iron Fist #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred seventy: Black Cat and Spider-Man #scratchaday

Inspired by a classic illustration by Alex Ross. Extra kudos to whoever can figure out the illustration I'm talking about.

Comment

• Day one-hundred seventy-one: Green Arrow #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-humdred seventy-two: Hawkeye #scratchaday Also, the combined archers.

Comment

• Day one-hundred seventy-three: Michonne #scratchaday

Comment

• Hey man. Really cool stuff. Great character and posing. I think maybe hatching allong the form at the edge of your terminator shadows, or a half tone or shomething would bring your inking to the next level. Having a solid line between your light and shadow areas on a rounded form flatten it, or make it look sharp. Love the michonne drawing.

War of Attrition
                (Over dramatic, I know)

Comment

• Originally posted by CT_Sanders View Post
                  Hey man. Really cool stuff. Great character and posing. I think maybe hatching allong the form at the edge of your terminator shadows, or a half tone or shomething would bring your inking to the next level. Having a solid line between your light and shadow areas on a rounded form flatten it, or make it look sharp. Love the michonne drawing.
                  Thanks! Good advice, I appreciate it.

Comment

• Day one-hundred seventy-four: Night Gaunt #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred seventy-five: Namor #scratchaday

Comment

• Watch your turns and internal structures. You are your own best model. No cameras, models or looking required.

Grab your sword (a yardstick or ruler will do) and hold it by your side. Did you roll your palm outward pointing your thumb off to the side? Probably not. More than likely your palm faces in leaving your thumb pointed forward. Rolling the palm forward will feel uncomfortable and unnatural. What makes you uncomfortable makes your drawing uncomfortable.

Knees and feet point in the same direction. This is something you ignore with some consistency. Again, you are your own best model. Stand up, take a relaxed stance and grab your knee. Note how it points in the same direction as your foot. Turn your foot out and feel you knee turn out with it. Turn your foot in and feel your knee turn in with it.

If your foot points out to our right (as your drawing does), so does the knee. The lower leg will curve opposite to your drawing. If your knee points to our left (as your drawing does) so will the foot.

PaulMartinSmith

Comment

• Originally posted by Smitty View Post
                          Watch your turns and internal structures. You are your own best model. No cameras, models or looking required.

Grab your sword (a yardstick or ruler will do) and hold it by your side. Did you roll your palm outward pointing your thumb off to the side? Probably not. More than likely your palm faces in leaving your thumb pointed forward. Rolling the palm forward will feel uncomfortable and unnatural. What makes you uncomfortable makes your drawing uncomfortable.

Knees and feet point in the same direction. This is something you ignore with some consistency. Again, you are your own best model. Stand up, take a relaxed stance and grab your knee. Note how it points in the same direction as your foot. Turn your foot out and feel you knee turn out with it. Turn your foot in and feel your knee turn in with it.

If your foot points out to our right (as your drawing does), so does the knee. The lower leg will curve opposite to your drawing. If your knee points to our left (as your drawing does) so will the foot.

Thanks Smitty ! I was struggling with the right leg, as you illustrated. I didn't adjust the position when I was concepting it, and changed my mind at the last second on the finished picture (and it really shows!). I definitely agree with your statement about the wrist, too.

I just want to reiterate what I think I've said before, I'm always really grateful for the input you give, it has really helped me as I've been growing in my daily sketches.

Comment

• Day one-hundred seventy-six: Moth in the mirror #scratchaday

Comment

• Originally posted by hoosiermouse View Post
                              as I've been growing in my daily sketches.
                              You sure are growing in these dailies! Keep rocking!

Comment

• Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
                                You sure are growing in these dailies! Keep rocking!
                                Thanks! That's my goal more than anything. Building skill and confidence until I am ready to step into making comics myself.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X