• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day one-hundred fifty-nine: Doctor Strange #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty: Deep One A Lovecraft creature! #scratchaday

Comment

• Love Dr. Strange inking. I have something to share about a small thing(but big impact) that I found after a long study. Let me know and give permission to post or pm you. It's about white rim(halo) light.

Comment

• Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
          Love Dr. Strange inking. I have something to share about a small thing(but big impact) that I found after a long study. Let me know and give permission to post or pm you. It's about white rim(halo) light.
          I'm always open to read and grow creatively. Thanks!

Comment

• Here, only areas I changed are... I got rid of white borders(halo) around his right arm, around his head, his right waist.
            The remaining rim lights still don't make sense because there is no light behind those area, but we cheat a bit because without it, it can't define the edges as we only have black and white with this medium. I believe that's why you put whites. But double white borders are not needed(as you have done) as it flattens image and gives out cut-out feel.
            And as we cheat with the minimal rim light possible to define edges, you can omit as much as possible as long as forms are still readable.
            You can see under his right armpit, it's all black, but the arm has no problem to show the form.(With your rendering inside the arm)
            Same with his right ear. It's mostly covered in black, but it has no problem showing there is an ear.

Hope it makes sense.
            (Less white VS your version back to back)

Last edited by humble-tomato; 04-30-2020, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
              Here, only areas I changed are... I got rid of white borders(halo) around his right arm, around his head, his right waist.
              The remaining rim lights still don't make sense because there is no light behind those area, but we cheat a bit because without it, it can't define the edges as we only have black and white with this medium. I believe that's why you put whites. But double white borders are not needed(as you have done) as it flattens image and gives out cut-out feel.
              And as we cheat with the minimal rim light possible to define edges, you can omit as much as possible as long as forms are still readable.
              You can see under his right armpit, it's all black, but the arm has no problem to show the form.(With your rendering inside the arm)
              Same with his right ear. It's mostly covered in black, but it has no problem showing there is an ear.

Hope it makes sense.
              (Less white VS your version back to back)
              Thanks for the pointers! Good points, all. I'll work those into my next projects!

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-one: Ka-Zar #scratchaday

Comment

• Lots of awesome stuff since I checked last. I love the Black Panther on the last page, great form. Also the Lovecraft beasty is really well done. I love the freckles or bumps on the arms and legs, they really help define the form. The last piece is pretty cool as well, especially the sabre tooth. The dude has a few areas that look a bit off to me. Namely the bisep and joint on his right arm, and the quads and the way they interact with the knees. Keep on scratching dude!

War of Attrition
                  (Over dramatic, I know)

Comment

• Originally posted by CT_Sanders View Post
                    Lots of awesome stuff since I checked last. I love the Black Panther on the last page, great form. Also the Lovecraft beasty is really well done. I love the freckles or bumps on the arms and legs, they really help define the form. The last piece is pretty cool as well, especially the sabre tooth. The dude has a few areas that look a bit off to me. Namely the bisep and joint on his right arm, and the quads and the way they interact with the knees. Keep on scratching dude!
                    Appreciated!

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-two: The Spirit #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-three: Wasp #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-four: Black Canary #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-five: Terry America #scratchaday This is a character drawn for my dad by a local group of comic book people when he worked at the local comic shop. Since today is Dad's birthday, I figured I would bring the old hero back to the page.

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-six: Hulk, She-Hulk, Wolverine, and Puck. This was practice with different heights and body shapes in characters. Hulk is a bit too big, in hindsight. #scratchaday

Comment

• Day one-hundred sixty-seven: Red Hood #scratchaday

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X