No announcement yet.

A Sketchier Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the parents just put this up online so free to share now. Recent commission. Babies are tough...to draw. I imagine as a foodstuff they're probably quite tender.

---

Green Goose and Steel Wolf hunting wascally werewolves.

Last edited by D.C.; 09-12-2020, 05:04 PM.
    artSTATION | deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

• Buscemi the Barbarian. Sometimes I just don't know...

Update:
      Last edited by D.C.; 09-14-2020, 07:00 PM.

Comment

• man, that demon piece and steve buscemi piece are fantastic! your rendering is gorgeous!
        http://barcsdoodles.blogspot.ie/

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/eoinb

@barcswow on twitter and instagram

Comment

• Thank you very much! The former's lighting was so damn hard to do. At one point to in an attempt to figure it out I lit a candle in a dark room, positioned a Spider-Man figure above it, and then shown an led light from above. Did not help one bit. What did help was watching campfire scenes from movies to light the woman's face correctly and then try to match everything else to that. With the moon I sought out a bunch of similarly lit paintings to try to get the coloring right. And then a gazillion layers adjusting the colors. The files for these things are a chaotic mess.

With Buscemi I watched a couple of videos from Jason Seiler where he paints zoomed out which he says lends to a more painterly feel. So I'm trying that out.

Another update. Aping a Joe Jusko painting for the background, cause when I think shiny muscular men with swords, I think Joe Jusko.

Update: Done.

Last edited by D.C.; 09-16-2020, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• I have about ten different versions of this with the slightest differences in color and could not decide which was best. I think I'm just going to say this is the final and be done with it.

Comment

• RenĂ©e Zellweger

Last edited by D.C.; 09-20-2020, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Tatiana Maslany was announced as She-Hulk a couple days ago and I'm about due to draw my yearly She-Hulk so here we go. Not sure about the costume at the moment. Was thinking about trying to mimic the style of the Marvel movie costumes but boy do those have a ton of details.

Last edited by D.C.; 09-23-2020, 07:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D.C. View Post

Fun fact: the writer commissioned the mask to be made so it was nice having that as a reference. I was seriously struggling on figuring out how to handle the mask based on the designs I was given until then.

And speaking of struggling, several characters were based on real people and I was having such a hard time getting any sort of likeness that it became the trigger to teach myself caricature and portrait drawing.

Nice.
                  Pencil, ink, colored all in iPad Clip Studio Paint ?

Comment

• Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
                    Nice.
                    Pencil, ink, colored all in iPad Clip Studio Paint ?
                    Thanks. I penciled and inked it in Clip Studio Paint on a Cintiq 13HD and the colorist used the same program on an iPad.

---

She-Hulk update. Went with the last suit. Now to figure out how to best render it.

Comment

• Oh I see. I thought you colored it too. Great anyways.

Comment

• Nope, although... I didn't like some of the heads I drew so after they were already colored I redrew them and then recolored as well.

---

Slaine WIP. Idea is he's slicing off someone's head which goes flying and hits Ukko in the head behind him.

Update:

Another update. Still working on this blasted thing. Saving the blood arc for last but feels like I need a better way to show the head impact. Also that back is mighty boring for taking up such a large area. If I have time will redo it and try to get a hand in there maybe with a weapon or something. Perhaps a backpack? Fantasy backpack? Shield? Needs something. Doing the King Slaine version so still have his clothing to do as well.

Update number whatever. Will probably end up leaving the blue body as is. Perhaps fix of the trap area. Think the neck is too thin for the head. Still haven't touched the blood. Added some rain. Too desaturated now?
                        Last edited by D.C.; 09-28-2020, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• love it! did you enter it in the 2000ad art comp? its slaine this month and due tomorrow!
                          http://barcsdoodles.blogspot.ie/

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/eoinb

@barcswow on twitter and instagram

Comment

• Thank you! Not yet. Trying to finish it up today to do so. Only became aware of it thanks to your Slaine. I was spending this month working on fantasy stuff for my portfolio anyway (though got sidetracked a number of times) so finding out about this competition was a nice little bit of serendipity.

---

I think this is done. Shall see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Eh, feel like I'm just polishing a turd at this point. Gonna send this in.
                            Last edited by D.C.; 09-30-2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• Well, I was disqualified from the Slaine contest because I had previous published comics. I didn't notice that rule until it was too late and wasn't sure if my small indies would count, but alas they did. Oh well. 2000 AD was very nice about it though.

---

Comment

• artSTATION | deviantART | instagram | penciljack blog

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X