No announcement yet.

Einar's railroad pencilogue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two drawings using some fintess pics as ref to improve my skills on putting body parts together:

A doodle type of sketch without any ref or concept (there seem to be some problem around the neck area)

And Mistique for this week's WSG. I used no ref at all, so I am quite happy with the level I ended up with.
    Cheers,
    Einar

Sketchblog
    DA page

Comment

Bodybuilder

Moving on with the Body Builder campaign, i.e. practicing how to put body parts plausibly together. I tried to find basic shapes, or rather building blocks of the body in a few ref photos then draw the ref with focusing on these. I.e. no niceties, shading, or stuff, rather I went for representative basic line-work.
      Fitness spinster

Big head fitgal (I did no realise the awsome headsize before scanning:-)

And Spartacus, definately in a more challenging stance than the girls. I did not want to go for likeness this being anatomy practice, but still had a lot of problems with the head, especially with its location.
      Last edited by Einar; 06-13-2011, 02:24 AM.
      Cheers,
      Einar

Sketchblog
      DA page

Comment

Weekly regular stuff

Arachna. I used photo reference for this one combining body builder practice and WSG needs, but then changed the body shape and added foreshortening. The rendereing of the suit was a nasty business, and pic is still a bit messy due to that attempt. But at least the hair is nicer then my usual stuff:-)

A quick Coyote again for WSG
        Cheers,
        Einar

Sketchblog
        DA page

Comment

There is a Wasp for WSG 211, who looked a bit better when was only a messier sketch.. Well, her legs didn't join to the correct place even back then. But I used no ref at all, so I deem her acceptable.

And a Wondergirl for WSG202, where I went for some reference on positure (it was a skater girl), but changed a good deal of the stance and body shape. The head has a mild variant of the "Spartacus-misery" I guess, but else the pic is not bad at all. I managed to come up with an interesting and plausible pose, and used only HB and B for this, which allowed something closer to the real neat pencil look, so I'm almost satisfied:-)
          Cheers,
          Einar

Sketchblog
          DA page

Comment

Solomon Kane for WSG.
            I watched the movie today as a preparation for drawing, but it hasn't really brought my expectations. It could have been great, but it was silly and only a touch better then Evil Dead III... So there was not that much enthusiasm in me and the drawing shows this...
            Cheers,
            Einar

Sketchblog
            DA page

Comment

Sarah Pezzini for WSG #214. Big struggle, dirty result, but still no ref at all.

Cheers,
              Einar

Sketchblog
              DA page

Comment

Back to PJ with a nice flood of pics

Well, it seems I was more than occupied in the last month, even before. Moving house and a nice long 2.5 weeks vacation (plus a handful of parties) successfully kept me from participating. Good to be back (to PJ, not from the mountains I climed last week)
                Study type of things

As I was back in Hungary travelling nearly constantly to meet friends and relatives I had the chance again to draw on buses and trains, so there are two pics from the old way:-)

Doodles

And 3 WSG drawings, from which Herci and the Medic girl started to take shape on a bus:-)
                Hercules

MANDE-1

SM Standard bearer

That angle for the marine was a daring attempt, I am not exactly satisfied with the result and also my patience had gone by the time I gor to the chapter symbol, so it is as bad and mundane as I had drawn it years ago...
                He is from my own chapter, the Frost Angels. Anybody intrested in the colour scheme or stuff, here are a few photos of my minies.

Huhh, I even found a nice old SM pixel avatar of me (credit to Adam Tilinger again):-)
                Last edited by Einar; 09-04-2011, 12:51 PM.
                Cheers,
                Einar

Sketchblog
                DA page

Comment

Artsy Stuff

I had joined a nice art group a couple of months back, and realised that it was about time to post some of my work from there (some of the guys from there might see this thread and start wondering why there is no stuff from the class here :-$).
                  So the idea was to prectice pencils of course, but I ended up trying out all the different media - each worse then the former one:-) Just like cutting nice slices with a blunt knife:-) But I have started to grow better after all. And of course subjects were not really my type. ;-)

Here are a few of the early ones, all of them are life drawing stuff.

Flower with a vase having a nice opaque effect - I still don't know how I did it. (pastels)

Apples in oil pastels - oh how I hate oil pastels.

Jars in pastels, not too bad.

And my first oil painting ever (a good exercise on folds). It was so damned hard to handle colours and paint....

Here is a photo of the reference I took weeks later. Angle is not the same, but that's it....
                  Last edited by Einar; 09-17-2011, 11:16 AM.
                  Cheers,
                  Einar

Sketchblog
                  DA page

Comment

Original character - were-rat-wolf for WSG #223

Sasquatch for WSG #224 - Alpha Flight is just again a bunch of superheroes I did not know about. Hopefully this pic will do
                    Last edited by Einar; 09-17-2011, 11:14 AM.
                    Cheers,
                    Einar

Sketchblog
                    DA page

Comment

Portrait Practice

As we are on a portrait project in the Art Class, I decided to put the main focus in my practice on portraits.
                      I am getting better with eyes, so shapewise they come closer to what they should be, only I grow them a bit big sometimes:-) Noses are almost ok, but mouth is still a tough one for me. Not to mention hair... I am just facing a lot of learning here.

Likeness is not that great here, not to mentioned the position of eyes (which implies other issues, I guess)... So a new take on a new phot of Rebecca Romijn is to come soon.

There was a WSG for the favourite Game of Thrones character and sadly I did not know the series back them, so I completly missed it. As of now I am a big fan, reading the 3rd book. So Tyrion with eyes as big and blue as the best puppy ever:-)

And Art Class practices on facial features and skintones after different artists (I really should find out the names to pay tribute).

Lastly, the current Art Class project - Clint. It is a two weeks old state: still pencil on canvas:-) It was meant to lay things out, but I got a bit carried away so I ended up with tons of shading.... which is futile of course, as everything will be covered by oil in time. I have blocked things out since then, I just did not bring my camera this week to take a photo. Updates to come.
                      Last edited by Einar; 09-17-2011, 11:15 AM.
                      Cheers,
                      Einar

Sketchblog
                      DA page

Comment

An Update on Clint

And the palette (maybe next time it will be easier to build that stupid palette up):
                        Last edited by Einar; 09-25-2011, 03:47 PM.
                        Cheers,
                        Einar

Sketchblog
                        DA page

Comment

Dazzler for WSG #225
                          Well, it seems my new readings, Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane* has some influence on me:-) I like Miyazawa's art and always wanted to draw illustrations for children's books, so I went for a bit of experimenting in that kind of style.

(* - well, it must have been a wave of sentimentalism washing over me :-$)
                          Cheers,
                          Einar

Sketchblog
                          DA page

Comment

Games Day

And yeah, I spent today at the UK Games Day. My first ever.
                            Lots of top quality minies and scenery and lots of not top quality but still nice ones. And lots of people, which means packed, busy halls and hard to get to the intresting stuff kind of thing. It was still ok, but somehow I got a bit bored - for me that hobby is more a calm creative exercise not that rush and enthusiastic shouting. So sat down for a while to watch the swirling arena. Then after those hours of wavering I devided to enter the speed drawing competition and got my sketchbook out of the rucksack to plan my entry - 20 min is hardly enough for me to sketch a rocking piece just out of nowhere. So I got this guy and as I started to explore the idea a bit more in detail.... I missed the closing time of the competition (should have read that booklet).:-/

At least I had a nice chat with the GW illustrator guys, which made up for the competition.
                            Last edited by Einar; 09-25-2011, 03:47 PM.
                            Cheers,
                            Einar

Sketchblog
                            DA page

Comment

Your Clint is really coming along. Can't wait to see the finished work.
                              There are only two kinds of artists: Bad artists and bad artists who refuse to quit.
                              Middle Weight Wins:8 Losses:6 KO:5

Comment

Thanks very much, Sketchbook. This is the first oil piece of mine I'm really enthusiasitc about, so I plan to double up this week.
                                Cheers,
                                Einar

Sketchblog
                                DA page

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X