White Wolf: Wicked Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wolf: Wicked Dead

This is a project I completed for White Wolf in January. There were 12 Illustrations in all.. Here are my favorite three..

I had so many of these do that I had to streamline my technique somewhat, and I added something new as well. I mainly did all of the shading on paper, and did a lot of highlights and clean-up on in photoshop..

For the whole project, I adapted watercolor technique I learned at Brian Stelfreeze's watercolor workshop, and used Dioxazine Purple to start off all of the shading. I then used Paynes gray for any further darker tones.

My favorite image of these is the cowboy.. I got some great reference shots from Chris and Miracole Burns. Chris had the ultimate cowboy props to use for reference.

As you can see, I made the mistake of putting a Vampire in the hot sun( I was so taken with the opportunity to do a classic gunslinger image) Funny thing is, none of my art buddies even mentioned this, and the art director himself did make a comment when he first saw the picture.. I got a call a week later and had a "no duh" moment with myself.

I'll post more later.
    Riq's website. Riq's Blog. Riq's Studio.

Comment

I like the first one with the horse head a lot. The only critique I have for it though, is that the hand doesn't seem to have a believable grip to hold on to it.
      See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
      DeviantArt

Comment

Very nice work, man...

Comment

Thanks.

riq.

Comment

Great stuff,

On the first 2, the man holding the horses head, the different coloration around the head makes it look like 2 different expressions.
            Holla

Comment

Very cool style... I really love how these are colored.

The Vampire Suit is probably my favorite, just because you don't see that sort of thing very often.

I'd love to see more.

Comment

Great stuff riq. The watercolor work is really awesome - I hope you keep it up. I'm especially impressed with the sun wash in the first image, even though you had to redo it.
                Artblog!

Comment

Great style and colors, nice work!
                  || DeviantART || PUMMEL Stats || XLIVE & PSN: clarkspark

Comment

Comment

and more

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X