Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erik Larsen's Savage Dragon

Always thought this character was so cool visually. Did this a while back. It started out a sketch and I got caught up. I wish I could ink it, but it is on copy paper, and I hate how it tends to bleed. Being a child of the nineties, I grew up with this character and other Image characters. For me this was one of the eras of comics that has always been my favorite. Let me know any C&C, TY!

Depends on the paper but many brands will accept brushwork without bleeding. There's always the old scan-and-print-in-Cyan trick. Use your favorite paper for inking and set the printer to it's "envelope" setting (aka thick paper)
    PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Nice! Love the angle!
      it looks like you’re using his leed leg to signal a direction, but his foot facing out makes him a bit suspended in space. I’d point his right foot slightly inward for proper base and change the tip of the foot so his small toe is t bigger than his big toe.
      real cool work man!

Comment

I mean, he was pretty much just the Hulk with a fin and better vocabulary...

Comment

it screams for inking! is it smoke behind him? it looks more like solid stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Giltheartist View Post
            I mean, he was pretty much just the Hulk with a fin and better vocabulary...
            Peter David had something to say about that....

Comment

Not too bad but Erik Larsen himself would tell you that you got the fin wrong.
              Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

Massive respect for going for such a tricky angle! It came out great. Would love to see it inked. Pretty straightforward light-box job if you didn't want to go the blueline route.
                HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X