Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Post - Cartoonie Venomlike bust

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • First Post - Cartoonie Venomlike bust







    I was having some fun with this Venomlike Bust in a cartoonie vibe. LMK what you think, THX!
    Last edited by AceB; 05-04-2022, 10:30 AM.

  • #2
    Freaken cool man! Really pushing the recognizability of venom!

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome to PencilJack, AceB.
      Pummel Is Back!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pell View Post
        Welcome to PencilJack, AceB.
        It's another case of a tiny image. But you can see it?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post

          It's another case of a tiny image. But you can see it?
          If you right-click and choose "inspect" on the image, does it put the image source as "https://www.penciljack.com/filedata/fetch?id=999362&d=1651436416" or something else?
          If you scroll down to the highlighted line with the image specs, what does it say about width and height? is it 458x612?

          AceB welcome to the forum, and sorry for this discussion in your first posted thread! *shrugs* guess there's some technical issues to resolve. Great pic, I really like it!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by joakimhagstrom View Post

            If you right-click and choose "inspect" on the image, does it put the image source as "https://www.penciljack.com/filedata/fetch?id=999362&d=1651436416" or something else?
            If you scroll down to the highlighted line with the image specs, what does it say about width and height? is it 458x612?

            AceB welcome to the forum, and sorry for this discussion in your first posted thread! *shrugs* guess there's some technical issues to resolve. Great pic, I really like it!
            all the same to your setting.

            joakim, it's not a technical issue for me to not able to see this. You are actually not supposed to see the image.
            The forum doesn't allow to directly upload images. It's a glitch(or something they cannot get rid of) that the forum has that button.

            I'm trying to track down what's causing some members like you to be able to see the directly uploaded images.
            All the more important for newcomers so all the members can see the image and respond.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
              joakim, it's not a technical issue for me to not able to see this. You are actually not supposed to see the image.
              The forum doesn't allow to directly upload images. It's a glitch(or something they cannot get rid of) that the forum has that button.
              I suspect that it is in fact a tech issue. Tech exists as bleeding edge, leading edge, tech du jour, yesterday's news and dead tech. Every time computers do something new they stop doing something old. The software is asking machines to do something that didn't exist when they were made.

              As an example, most people here are unable to scan a dollar bill because software and new bills prevent it. My current OSX G5 won't but my old System 8 9500MP will because it's 20th century software was written prior to the new laws and can't recognize the codes or read the strips printed on 21st century bills.

              As to the alleged image contained in this post, all I see is a text link which leads to a message saying I'm not allowed to view the image.
              PaulMartinSmith

              Comment


              • #8
                Thanks for letting me know. Perhaps one of you can help me out as I can see the image and it seems some users can. What are the steps for posting images and where should I be hosting the image to ensure visibility?

                To anyone who can see the image thanks for any comments.

                Comment


                • #9


                  Here it is.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Any suggestions for hosting sites?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by AceB View Post
                      Any suggestions for hosting sites?
                      I use deviantart, which has worked great.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks for all the replies and I think I have it corrected. Let me know if the image can be viewed now.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Wow very nice. We almost missed this nice drawing.
                          Maybe a little bit of blacks here and there to help with volume and background separation, but maybe you had coloring in mind.

                          Welcome aboard! And do keep posting.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by humble-tomato View Post
                            Wow very nice. We almost missed this nice drawing.
                            Maybe a little bit of blacks here and there to help with volume and background separation, but maybe you had coloring in mind.

                            Welcome aboard! And do keep posting.
                            Thanks! I did have coloring in mind as I got some Copics for Xmas and did this on marker paper, but I am still a novice at them and did not want to ruin this. Great point with the blacks as I tend to struggle with creating depth and volume. Please let me know anymore C&C.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I cab see, I can SEE!

                              Very cool. I half agree with Humble, a few blacks here and there... with acres of blacks everywhere else. If blacks give you fits consider a self-assignment where every other character you draw is the Black Panther or Cyclops, Daredevil, Deadman... Try some noir type stuff. Try the old Mort Meskin trick (very similar to scratchboard): render the entire page black first then pick out the white spots. This is why the art gods invented printers and Xeroxs, make some copies and experiment. After perspective and pretty girls, spotting blacks is one of your most important and necessary skills

                              PaulMartinSmith

                              Comment

                              Unconfigured Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X