Optimus Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Optimus Prime

First time drawing a transformer in nearly 40 years. I've realised now why I've had TF commissions turned down by non transformer artists. This was a slog. So many angles, it's more like drawing backgrounds than figures, very much its own thing.

Going to keep going and try and improve, partly because I like the characters and partly because the money is better in TF commissions than superhero stuff...

HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Looks nice to me! The window closest to us doesn't look like it matches the other side, but everything else looks great! I've tried drawing Transformers too, they're very much like architecture. I didn't know the money was better, might be time to become an architect.
    http://chcomicart.blogspot.com/
    https://www.instagram.com/chris.haizlip/

Comment

You did a great job, how long did it take you to draw?
      The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living at doing what they most enjoy.

---Malcolm Forbes

My website

Never .jpeg a .jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Ace Corona View Post
        You did a great job, how long did it take you to draw?
        Jeez, longer than it should have. I had to do a few studies to get to grips with all the shapes and random bits and pieces on him (couldn't find a stable character model), then the initial sketch probably only took twenty minutes. Proper pencils was time consuming as I drew this A4, which is a bit small for so much fiddly stuff – probably wasted a day in total, stretched over a week.

Inks not so bad as I used Isographs, so. it was just plodding through all the lines for an hour or so. Colours another three hours as I suck at it?

Far too long ;-)
        HW W1/L2/KO0Behance

Comment

Excellent!!

Comment

Oh, man. this is really good! I would hate to draw a transformer.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X