Om, Ethereal Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Om, Ethereal Power

"Om, Ethereal Power", my latest piece. This is the third time I have envisioned Om. I aimed for a simplified color palette. It can be a challenge to limit the use of colors in a painting, especially working digitally. It's something I'm learning more about in my process.

OM, ETHEREAL POWER – Om, the Ethereal of Vibration, in pure revelation. The golden, tusk-like masses on his shoulders are revealed to be wings. Om’s blue Ethereal Flame grows as he takes command of all vibrational frequencies in his presence. Om is able to affect the very ground beneath him, warping it, shaping to his will. This is the bending and shaping of time and space around him.

The golden light emanating from Om are passageways into the very heart of the Realm Ethereal. Om’s true Ethereal Power is the will to open up from within himself the way into a multiverse of realities through his command of vibration frequencies.

Om Ethereal Power fantasy art by Rene Arreola
    Rene ArreolaMy YouTube ChannelSubscribe to Newsletter

he's a beauty.

Comment

Thank you!!

Comment

This may be the strongest one yet.

Things to think of next time: Watch your foreshortening and perspective. The arms are held out at approx 90°. Were he facing forward, each arm would be at 45° and equal in length. Because he has turned to his left, his right arm becomes more parallel to our view (looking "through" the tube) while his left becomes more perpendicular (looking at the "length" of the tube). His right arm should be "shorter" than his left.

Consider a drop shadow? He looks like he's tip-toeing.
        PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Excellent work!!
          https://www.deviantart.com/nygma85

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
            This may be the strongest one yet.

Things to think of next time: Watch your foreshortening and perspective. The arms are held out at approx 90°. Were he facing forward, each arm would be at 45° and equal in length. Because he has turned to his left, his right arm becomes more parallel to our view (looking "through" the tube) while his left becomes more perpendicular (looking at the "length" of the tube). His right arm should be "shorter" than his left.

Consider a drop shadow? He looks like he's tip-toeing.
            Thanks, Smitty. I pushed the pose somewhat in the arms and legs, but I didn't think about the foreshortening into the right arm, which that is a good point. A drop shadow would really solidify where he is. As such, I opted to leave it out intentionally. He does look like he's tip toeing, but, if I force my eyes just a bit, I swear he's a lot closer to the viewer than we think, which that poses it's own possibilities.

Then again, maybe there's something quite quantum going on, like maybe Om's in two different places at the same time? Or maybe there are two different places about Om at the same time?? Ahh, the Realm Ethereal...I swear I still don't know what the heck I'm doing with this stuff...but I'm having a hell of a great time just painting whatever stuff pops into my head, watching it morph into what comes out the other side, and just putting it out there. You know, the kind of stuff any artist would do when they aren't getting paid to make art

Comment

Originally posted by Elliot Rodriguez View Post
              Excellent work!!
              Thanks, Elliot, I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ddesosa
                I love the colors lighting and wings not to mention the great anatomy drawing. Fantastic work
                Thank you, Ddesosa!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X