Necronox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Necronox

Hello everyone!! This is my entry for this month's PUMMEL match. Any feedback and critique would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again and please be safe out there!!

https://elliotrodriguezart.myportfolio.com/

I think there was a problem with the image. Here it is again. Sorry for the trouble!

Oh!! And just some information. The topic is create your own Necromancer / Sorceror. So, here I have this original character called Necronox (unless that name may already be taken by another character). Thanks again for your help!

Last edited by Elliot Rodriguez; 05-22-2020, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Watch your Kirby Krackle. It should be random and raw. Rim lighting around the dots gives the appearance of Micky Mouse stickers taped one atop the other. If krackles overlap, perfect. If they don't, perfect. Let it happen, or not, and get out of the way. If you want to throw in some white krackle, or not, that's perfect too.

Get some bones and expressions in your hands. Are they tense, relaxed, angry, happy? Show us. Hands are second only to the eyes in conveying emotional states. They're second to nothing when given masked characters with no eyes. Learn to draw the claw. From wrist, through fist knuckle to finger knuckle is one continuous curve for fingers 1-3; only the pinky drops at the fist knuckle.

Double lighting is like Audrey Jr. It's a monster that needs to be fed and the more you feed it the more food it needs. If you employ in the middle of the arm, don't forget the top and bottom. Don't forget the face or any other surface under the same light. If you want a hard black shadow, leave it hard and black, no rendering. If you render out, then render out but maintain hard light. You have two extra strong light sources in front of the arm but have light it with a sole, soft, back light

PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Wow, thank you Smitty for that insight. Lighting is always difficult and I'll just have to keep practicing. Thanks again for all the tips and tricks of the trade!

Comment

I was gonna say don’t let Smitty see that Kirby Crackle lol.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyMobius View Post
            I was gonna say don’t let Smitty see that Kirby Crackle lol.
            The Kirby Krackle element to the drawing was intentional. I got the idea to do it that way from an Arthur Adams drawing of Dr. Doom that I saw. He submitted it for Jim Lee for his 60-day sketch drawing challenge to help comic book stores (that was a mouthful, lol).

I thought it be cool to put that spin on the classic Krackle, but I was wrong, lol. I guess I misinterpreted the way Art Adams did it.

Comment

I'll have to give Artie (whose work I adore) a friendly smack to the head next time I see him, one red-head to another.

What Art's done is to use krackle as a small part of a larger piece where you've made it the focus of your drawing. He's used rim-light mainly to separate the fx from the bg and sparingly at that. He's used a drop of vanilla in a pound of cookie dough where you've used a gallon of vanilla in one cookie. I only see one "Mickey" in Art's piece, you've got 17 in the right hand alone. You've used it as a major building block so repeatedly, carefully, and precisely it sucks the power out of it. Like a bolt of lighting or a bomb exploding, we want a sense of random, unpredictable danger, "Stand back kids, we have no idea where this is going." Here, it's a pretty flower, it's inviting, it's not going anywhere.

On another note, I'm just now seeing the skulls in the BG. Nice touch.

PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Yeah, I see what you mean now. I was too precise with it. I wanted to make sure that the rim-light was done right and not have any inconsistent areas, but as you said, it sucked the magic out of the effect and as you have pin pointed it out, it was indeed my intention to make the krackle the focus of the drawingband it didn't hold up as I has thought I'll be more spontaneous with it next time. Thanks for the insight Smitty.

And please, please don't smack Art for this. I wouldn't want you to show this to him and then he make the decision of never doing it like that because of how I messed it up like I did. He'll think he's influencing monstrosities and I don't wanr that, lol. His art, and yours, is great, so let's keep it a secret, lol. Please.

Comment

No smack Artie? Smitty sad
                  PaulMartinSmith

Comment

I say Smack! Smack!
                    .... although he seemed real nice when I asked him for a photo at a comic con last year.

Comment

Like all red heads, Art's a big love. Everyone else is scum.
                      PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Lmao;; XD ;;;;

Comment

Lmao, you guys are crazy! Lol, sorry for upsetting you Smitty , feel free to smack away at Art, just don't show him my pic please, lol.

How I envy you HT humble-tomato , you got to meet Art. Have you met Smitty in person also?

Comment

What? No way I don't want to get smacked.

Comment

No smack Humble? Smitty sad
                              PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X