Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• art book cover: which one please?

Hello!

I'm finalising the art book of a game I worked on, and my programmer colleague and me we can't set on the cover, can you help us?

The two candidates:

the image marked as 01 shares the subject with the coordinate image of the game (it's a version of the image we used for the game's marketing): I don't subscribe to the assumption we should make it a forced choice, because of that; I'm open to both.

Which do you think we should use?

(Also, I'm open to criticism on them which is not strictly related to the choice: if I can make either better, I welcome your input. Thanks!)

The first one has a more pleasing design and looks like what I'd expect to see on a book cover in a store. But I'd probably never pick that book up. The second cover is eye-catching even if it's not as, well, "book coverish".

Edit: Actually, the more I look at the second one, the more it grows on me. I'd definitely pick it up to see what it's about.
    Join us in EverBrawl Bout 35: Raiders of the Lost Ark meets Thundarr the Barbarian during Halloween

Pummel Is Back!

Comment

image 2 is easier to read.
      image 1 could be stronger...it took me a while to read the hand, but the lighting is more dramatic...
      Welcome and good luck!

Comment

The first one is more eye catching. The hand could be rendered better.
        Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Comment

Thank you everybody!

Comment

Put in a worms silhouette on the first one and you got a winner. Still take care of that hand though.

Did a small mockup, hope thats ok with you :
            Last edited by Pete Tha Creep; 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM.
            "Censorship is legal vandalization of art" - Urban Dictionary
            |LHW Bottomfeeder|
            PJ Sketchblog
            petethacreepofficial

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X