The Many faces of Loki

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Many faces of Loki

Pencil sketch. Used the MCU as reference; head breaking details on those costumes

Would have been nice to see some different angles and expressions on the faces.
    Even though the expressions are all slightly different - the use of the same angle makes them all appear the same.

Nicely rendered

Comment

I expected something a bit more dynamic given the subject line.

Loki has had many looks through the years, and limiting this to the MCU results in an illustration as boring as the source material.

I enjoy your illustration chops, but would rather see you do something visually interesting. Of course that might require knowledge of actual comics, not movies. . .

Loki
      Femme Loki
      Kid Loki
      New and improved for 1996!
      Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Pencilero.... Glad I'm not the only one on here that finds the MCU films boring.

Comment

It is my hope to someday become a full time, or at least a part time illustrator (comics and any other type I can pull off for clients). I know enough never to burn bridges on the way to that goal, thus my response to the negative comments above is: >> no comment <<

Comment

Never listen to anyone that says nice things about your work. Your parents have to like your work, they're just trying to stay out of jail. Your friends, bless them, don't know what they're talking about. Listening to them insures you never grow, you never improve.

Criticisms are the only thing you listen to. Listen well. Listen again. Put it on an endless loop and listen to it all night long. If, after that, you can find reason to disregard the criticism, go ahead. "La, la, la, la, I'm not listening" is not an acceptable reason. Plugging your ears is artistic suicide.

NONE of the comments above (other than yours) were negative, they simply didn't parrot the comments of your parents and friends who you shouldn't have listened to in the first place.
            PaulMartinSmith

Comment

killer stuff man!

Comment

Originally posted by JSS666 View Post
                killer stuff man!
                Coolin thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post
                  Never listen to anyone that says nice things about your work. Your parents have to like your work, they're just trying to stay out of jail. Your friends, bless them, don't know what they're talking about. Listening to them insures you never grow, you never improve.

Criticisms are the only thing you listen to. Listen well. Listen again. Put it on an endless loop and listen to it all night long. If, after that, you can find reason to disregard the criticism, go ahead. "La, la, la, la, I'm not listening" is not an acceptable reason. Plugging your ears is artistic suicide.

NONE of the comments above (other than yours) were negative, they simply didn't parrot the comments of your parents and friends who you shouldn't have listened to in the first place.
                  Parents!?!
                  I won't go into details about my childhood - something tells me that by that tone in your message, empathy is the last thing to expect! - But I'll say that NO words of encouragement were ever flung my way, and ABSOLUTELY NOT about my art, oof. So a lesson here is to not make assumptions about anyone's childhood (or many/any other aspects). I do have more to say but...…..forget it

Comment

I was expecting to see the trickster in some of the forms he’s used over the years to fool Thor, based on the title, not just changing his mouth in basically variations of one pose.

it seems you are over reacting. I see no negative comments, just as mine isn’t negative, just that the title gave me a certain expectation that wasn’t there. Doesn’t mean your execution was wrong, just that it could have been so much more.

A good critique is going to point out what is wrong and how to improve. Your skin seems a little thin by your reaction here to perceived negative comments and you may not benefit at all from any C&C.
                    Jack Kirby Centennial Tribute Book is free to download.

Joining you in the ABCs of faith - Action, Belief and Confidence

Comment

Originally posted by Symson View Post
                      I was expecting to see the trickster in some of the forms he’s used over the years to fool Thor, based on the title, not just changing his mouth in basically variations of one pose.

it seems you are over reacting. I see no negative comments, just as mine isn’t negative, just that the title gave me a certain expectation that wasn’t there. Doesn’t mean your execution was wrong, just that it could have been so much more.

A good critique is going to point out what is wrong and how to improve. Your skin seems a little thin by your reaction here to perceived negative comments and you may not benefit at all from any C&C.
                      Ok, I'll go ahead and take all the suggestions and criticism and use them to become better.
                      I'm glad to say that I'm finally getting to a satisfied personal skill level but yes, I will always aim for better as I always compare my work to the modern prolific professionals out there

Comment

Originally posted by Pa5cal View Post

Ok, I'll go ahead and take all the suggestions and criticism and use them to become better.
                        I'm glad to say that I'm finally getting to a satisfied personal skill level but yes, I will always aim for better as I always compare my work to the modern prolific professionals out there
                        Dude, one need only look at your DeviantArt page to see the progress you've made.

Your present chops remind me of the cozy (NSFW) Dungeons & Dragons comic advertisements I grew up with, since you need some tender loving care here.

More drawing. Less acting out.

Seriously, I'm in a similar boat. I see people around me with weaker chops earning paychecks from their work. Let's keep after it, right?
                        New and improved for 1996!
                        Instagram: Pencilero

Comment

Originally posted by Pa5cal View Post

Parents!?!
                          I won't go into details about my childhood - something tells me that by that tone in your message, empathy is the last thing to expect! - But I'll say that NO words of encouragement were ever flung my way, and ABSOLUTELY NOT about my art, oof. So a lesson here is to not make assumptions about anyone's childhood (or many/any other aspects). I do have more to say but...…..forget it
                          No one made any assumptions about your parents. You simply went out of your way to intentionally misrepresent my comments to excuse yourself from the hard work of learning.

My point was, and remains, that listening to glad handers, no matter who they are, gets you nowhere and that calling positive, objective, constructive observations of truth as "negative" is a recipe for disaster. The most helpul comments you received you labeled as negative or attacked but when JSS666 comes in with the glad hand, now you listen. You've got your thinking cap on backwards.
                          PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post

No one made any assumptions about your parents. You simply went out of your way to intentionally misrepresent my comments to excuse yourself from the hard work of learning.

My point was, and remains, that listening to glad handers, no matter who they are, gets you nowhere and that calling positive, objective, constructive observations of truth as "negative" is a recipe for disaster. The most helpul comments you received you labeled as negative or attacked but when JSS666 comes in with the glad hand, now you listen. You've got your thinking cap on backwards.
                            I didn't excuse myself from learning! I know I need to grow and if I make it as far as I'd like successfully as an illustrator, I'd still keep aggressively expanding and learning new skills.
                            Hey, listen, I don't do well with internet arguments, or whatever you want to call this, never been fast on my feet in debates. So do what you want and think whatever you want about me, my skills and supposedly my refusal to grow as an artist. I'm out of this conversation

Comment

...and now I know why you not getting hired.
                              You can't talk or deal with people. Comics are usually made by a team. And changes are often required.

And yes, maybe I'm being negative.... or maybe just stating what you have made very obvious to everyone else..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X