Thanos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanos

This is my first time posting. Just messing around with some pinups...

Broken Link my man.
    My style? You could call it the art of drawing.......without drawing.

Comment

Huh... it worked yesterday. Never mind I guess

Comment

Try it again or post a link.

Comment

Originally posted by mattshults View Post
          Huh... it worked yesterday. Never mind I guess
          It's been an "Invalid File Specified" from the beginning. Whatever you were seeing was something locked in your machine's memory or cache.

Upload your image to a hosting site such as deviant art or similar, copy the url address of your image, paste it here between image tags [img][/img]

Example: Here's my images url... http://paulmartinsmith.com/sites/def...DredLRrule.png

Here's the same address between image tags
          PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Okay let's try this again...

Comment

Post the link to the website your art is on, and I'll help you out.
              OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
              My Blog
              My DeviantART Page
              PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

He did... sorta.

Hit the "quote" button on post six you'll get his deviant art page at the following address
                https://mattshultsportfolio.deviantart.com/art/Thanos-724711945
                BUT that's the page address, not the address of the image.
                If it were the image address it would end in .jpg .png .gif

Place page address in a new window to get to the page full of DA clutter and ads. Click on the image to open in new window or tab (do NOT copy address) and we get the following url.
                https://pre00.deviantart.net/1cc5/th/pre/i/2018/009/2/8/thanos__by_mattshultsportfolio-dbzh3bd.jpg
                We know it's the image because it ends in .jpg

If we paste that address between image tags [img][/img] we get

When making links, if you can see banners, ads, details, stats etc you're on the WRONG page and you have the wrong address. Continue to open image in new window until you get the image alone with a url ending in a proper suffix.

With that out of the way, there's some nice rendering going on here but, there's some bizarre hyper rotation and bowleggedness going on below the waist. The legs say the body points towards us, the body says its a 3/4 view.

PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Thanks, Smitty.
                  OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
                  My Blog
                  My DeviantART Page
                  PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

Thanks Smitty! I’m such a fan that it’s an honor to get a critique from you. This is super helpful, and actionable! I’ll kick it around when I can. Hopefully I’ll make it easier to actually SEE the image.

Comment

I was going to complain that his head was too big, but I counted and he's 7 1/2 heads tall and I prefer to draw most characters 7 1/2 heads tall so I can't really complain, but something about it still seems off. Maybe I'm on crack.

Comment

Joseph Dredd - I don’t think you’re wrong; his head is weird. Typically when I draw someone as excessively tall as Thanos, I’ll actually give them a smaller or skinnier head, to make them look tall, even with nothing else for reference (I do the opposite with short figures). In the case of Thanos in particular, I give more weight to the jaw, and downsize the cranium. Like I would do with the Hulk. Maybe this isn’t the best way to do it... I’m open to suggestions!

Comment

Joseph Dredd - I don’t think you’re wrong; his head is weird. Typically when I draw someone as excessively tall as Thanos, I’ll actually give them a smaller or skinnier head, to make them look tall, even with nothing else for reference (I do the opposite with short figures). In the case of Thanos in particular, I give more weight to the jaw, and downsize the cranium. Like I would do with the Hulk. Maybe this isn’t the best way to do it... I’m open to suggestions!
                          No, you're right about giving him a smaller head like you would to the Hulk. I thought you intentionally gave him a larger head because in his earliest appearances they weren't shrinking his head to make his body look massive.

I found this pic that illustrates it perfectly:

Comment

In the case of Thanos in particular, I give more weight to the jaw, and downsize the cranium. Like I would do with the Hulk. Maybe this isn’t the best way to do it... I’m open to suggestions!
                            Originally posted by Joseph Dredd View Post
                            No, you're right about giving him a smaller head like you would to the Hulk.
                            You two are dead to me

Big head Hulk forever!

PaulMartinSmith

Comment

Originally posted by Smitty View Post

You two are dead to me

Big head Hulk forever!

lol I didn't know there was so much riding on it! I would have chosen my words more carefully

Gargoyle hulk 4 life!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X