venom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• venom

here is a drawing that i had gotten off this site and really loved so i wanted to ink it. this is my favorite inking by far. enjoy

original

inked version
    You can take anything you want but you better not take it from me - GNR

Something about those inks...are you using a soft edged brush on parts of that? Something about them looks really strange.
    http://nickbachman.blogspot.com

Comment

Your getting alot better!, this is my fav you've done so far, normally the mouse inking causes to manny jagged lines, but it works with this one, Venom is sopost to be ugly, not smooth, I like the greys on the shadows, n' the BG turned out really nice!

Only thing is the line on the on the edge of the building he's on should have been a tad thicker to throw off the BG, n' not have it mix together so much.

other then that...

Good job!

AZ!
      Last edited by AZRAEL_BAT; 05-23-2008, 02:34 AM.
      PUMMEL stats!
      Wins-5 / Loss-10 / KO's: 3

My Band website (Sleeze)
      I really don't know what I'm doing (my Art)

Comment

You Inked This With A Mouse??

Comment

I think it wouldn't matter if you used a mouse or a tablet, a 1pxl outline will always be jagged, thats just how it is.

I think you did a good job on this man, I like it.
          - ssjtom circa 1987.

Comment

ya i inked this with a mouse. at first i was really bad but i think i have gotten alot better. its not easy inking with a mouse but it does take time and patience

Comment

I really wouldn't waste your time inking with a mouse. What's wrong with inking with real ink? Ditch the mouse, it'll never look as good as using a stylus, whether it be a digital or traditional one.

Comment

dont have money to buy anything good for the computer and i dont have a scanner to put up the stuff ive done with a pen so im kinda stuck with inking with a mouse

Comment

So your choices are

A) Ink with traditional media and gain valuable inking skills, but you're unable to show people online, thus missing out on 2 or 3 "Kewl pic" comments

or

B) Spend hours toiling with a mouse to ultimately end up with a drawing with no line width variation or control, but you get to eat up those tasty nuggets of hot air.

It's a pretty clear choice for me. I'd much rather work towards getting better at inking traditionally than be limited to the capabilities of the tools. You're simply not going to get the best results that you're capable of with a mouse, and I think you're cheating yourself out of much better work by saying "It's what's convenient, just as well keep doing it."

You don't have a friend or school with a scanner? Or a digital camera? Or a Kinko's nearby?

Comment

I like the pencils not the inks.

Comment

one of those basic wacoms cost around $50-60 or so at a bestbuy... unless my memory utterly fails me... and im not plugging bestbuy either... but i got one, and its fairly decent as far as pressure sensitivity and what not goes. at the very least it'll be practice for the higher end models.

Comment

Originally posted by nickbachman View Post
                        So your choices are

A) Ink with traditional media and gain valuable inking skills, but you're unable to show people online, thus missing out on 2 or 3 "Kewl pic" comments

or

B) Spend hours toiling with a mouse to ultimately end up with a drawing with no line width variation or control, but you get to eat up those tasty nuggets of hot air.

It's a pretty clear choice for me. I'd much rather work towards getting better at inking traditionally than be limited to the capabilities of the tools. You're simply not going to get the best results that you're capable of with a mouse, and I think you're cheating yourself out of much better work by saying "It's what's convenient, just as well keep doing it."

You don't have a friend or school with a scanner? Or a digital camera? Or a Kinko's nearby?

im really good at inking with a normal pen and paper so i decided to try something new and try out a mouse, i think ive gotten alot better at my inking. and no i dont have anything or anyone nearby with a scanner.this is what i do in my spare time, im pregnant and dont want to b*tch out my husband so i took up inking since i cant draw. you could have atleast said something nice instead on telling me that basically im no good.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan McWhirter View Post
                          one of those basic wacoms cost around $50-60 or so at a bestbuy... unless my memory utterly fails me... and im not plugging bestbuy either... but i got one, and its fairly decent as far as pressure sensitivity and what not goes. at the very least it'll be practice for the higher end models.
                          ill check it out, thanks

Comment

easy rockergirl. Nick has a point. I agree with him, that to push the inks, you need to have greater line variation. in particular, along the back of venom and his leg, the lines are the same thickness throughout. What pushes the dimension in this particular drawing are the spotted blacks, which there are plenty of thanks to Dogsoldier (he's really good at that), but it could use greater line variation to help push it more,something that is hard to do with a mouse.

I have noted that i'm impressed with your skills, the mouse is not an easy tool, but it may not be the best tool for the job. keep working at it, and if you can increase some line weights, I think it will help the piece overall.
                            www.myspace.com/b_askew

Comment

Originally posted by rockergirl View Post
                              im really good at inking with a normal pen and paper so i decided to try something new and try out a mouse, i think ive gotten alot better at my inking. and no i dont have anything or anyone nearby with a scanner.this is what i do in my spare time, im pregnant and dont want to b*tch out my husband so i took up inking since i cant draw. you could have atleast said something nice instead on telling me that basically im no good.
                              I think you missed the point. As an objective outsider, I read that as very sound advice, and advice meant to spur you on. No amount of 'being nice' will help you push harder, and isn't that what we creative types strive for?

Personally, I find inking a very difficult task and I have lots of respect for anyone who can do it. I do see the faults of the mouse, though. I use both mouse and stylus (a cheap version, but it does the job... a bit) and the control over a stylus pen is remarkable. Pen pressure becomes a factor and you can suddenly vary your line weights and opacity, angle... I'm sure this isn't news to you, but rather than see this as a slam on your work, try to see it as a tip on how to further your skill set.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X