Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alien

pencils and inks = zach howard

killing time over the easter break and have fun doing something a little different...
    I colour stuff...

Nice colors. I have a question though . . . . how do you get that stony texture? I'm not familiar with how to pull that off in a time efficient manner.

Comment

Awesome work!

Comment

Originally posted by Xero Khan View Post
        Nice colors. I have a question though . . . . how do you get that stony texture? I'm not familiar with how to pull that off in a time efficient manner.
        photo texture of stone, set to overlay or soft light (whichever works better) over a gradient fill
        I colour stuff...

Comment

Really nice coloring!
          My webcomic: Life with Death DeviantART Blog Twitter

Comment

Nice work, man. One of my favorite things I've seen from you. I would suggest more reflected light on the alien come from behind. cine it's probably the brightest light source.
            Colorist on Secret from Image Comics. Also writer/artist of sh*t they don't pay me to do.

New Website: MichaelCGarland.com

Comment

Nice job. It would look cool too if the yellow was replaced with green light also, but I'm sure you already thought about using that color scheme. Awesome

Comment

i think its pretty good way better than any of the darkhorse comix ive seen.
                My Wrestling Site

My DA

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                  Nice job. It would look cool too if the yellow was replaced with green light also, but I'm sure you already thought about using that color scheme. Awesome
                  Yes I did, and no it doesn't I'm afraid. The green background just makes the alien blend in too much IMO, that's why you get yellow/orange/brown

However someone else sugegsted colour holding the background a bit so I gave that a go...

I colour stuff...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X