• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DogSoldier
    Penciler
    • Sep 2007

IronFist (a little action)

Kinda blurry scan , you can tell how much the lines are smudged by looking at my signature .

Taking fellow PJ'ers advice and doing more action type pic's .

Did this today .
    Should have something more interesting soon .

• doodledude
    - - - - - -
    • Jan 2008

King Dogsoldier Give Him His Crown!

Comment

• Xero Khan
      Neophyte
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by doodledude View Post
      King Dogsoldier Give Him His Crown!
      Whatever. Got anything worthwhile to add?

DogSoldier: You're becoming one of my favorites around here. I have a few crits though. The right forearm is at a broken angle, though the upper arm is nicely done. There should be a shadow on the right boot, and more rendering on the gloves/boots in general (but not too much). Also, the mouth looks strangely placed, perhaps too close to the nose area. Aside from these things, nice job. It looks great!

Comment

• Walter Kovacs
        Neophyte
        • Jun 2008

nice to see you throw action in here. i agree with xero khan though, his right boot needs some shadow. as for the mouth i dont know if its because his mouth is placed wierd, or if his nose is too small, but it doesnt look right. however i will say i always like to see your work, i love your anatomy. cool piece.
        'None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me' -Rorschach

Comment

• Hangman
          • Feb 2003

Nice Action shot.

His right arm needs work....the way you drew it doesnt seem very natural.his right foot looks a bit off and the fact that u can't see his left foot comes off as u trying to avoit drawing feet.others have mentioned the lack of nose....i think u were trying to have the viewer look down a bit at his head but U missed the mark.......It shouldnt take u too long to redo the nose.....just make sure u redo it so u learn from the drawing

love the pose.i really like the use of shadow especially on his lower half.the shadows on the upper torso could be pushed a bit more

ive seen u do backgrounds before.....make sure you dont get stuck doing BGless character shots.

keep at it man
          Raised as a babe in drawing arenas to become the art warrior that I am today.

http://gunkstudios.tumblr.com/

Pummel: lightheavy weight rank- wins-27 losses-20 KO-11

Comment

• DogSoldier
            Penciler
            • Sep 2007

Thanks for the crits . I need the kick in the butt to do better . When your just drawing for yourself/for fun you can get lazy and fall into ruts very easy .

Comment

• g0b1in
              • Nov 2008

Your work shows a solid foundation.

Does the toe of the boot split in the middle? To my eye it seems to split left of the middle toe which would be an awkward place. In most cases, shoes of that kind split between the big toe and second.

I'm in agreement with others concerning his mouth. Though I'd add that the expression is achieved.

I enjoy the composition as a whole. Especially the attempt at the unusual angle of the right arm in order to render the downward right-hook (If I guess correctly). Initially, I thought the circle behind him indicated the motion of his arm.
              ~ g0b1in

Comment

• Beastie
                [SUPPORTER]
                • Aug 2001

Your style translates well into action images.

Very energetic.

You should have done this long ago!
                Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

• pigeonmilk
                  I'm the cheesiest
                  • Dec 2008

Great pic. There are alot of good comments here but overall I don't agree with them.

The pose has alot of energy and the rendering looks great- a little to finchy, but if you can adapt it to fit the style you create then that is all good.

If this was supposed to be anatomically correct I could put in some crits but its not. Which is why drawing comics is so much fun!

the only thing I agree on is just making that right foot shadow a little more dark, its there and it maybe just the scan.

Nice work DS
                  www.kevinsteward.blogspot.com
                  You can't succeed unless you fail-pigeonmilk
                  https://www.instagram.com/pigeonmilk70/
                  https://twitter.com/StewDaSix2
                  https://twitter.com/ApolloNovel

Comment

• jujigatame
                    • Apr 2008

Pose is cool actually but...I think something more martial arts-like would've fit the character better.

Comment

• angeltread
                      • Jun 2006

tis true. he looks a bit clumsy... or at least not super agile like i think he should. but at least he's doing something. good job.
                      My deviantART
                      My Art Blog
                      My Comic Reviewing Blog
                      My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Comment

• Huerta
                        You gunna die
                        • Apr 2004

The hands are the weakest part for me and you could push it further pose and perspective wise. Remember the human skeleton is pretty flexible and IF is agile so push the turns and action more. Stretch him out. Also the left leg anatomy is a little funky.

The rest is gravy.
                        SOVEREIGN: The Return vol. 1 is now live on kickstarter. Please support or spread the word https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raphic-novel-0

Comment

• Keith
                          New and improved
                          • Feb 2004

I like the rendering, it has a solid feel to it, but I agree with Huerta about the hands. I'd add that current Iron Fist isn't really built like a tank, he's pretty lean like spider-man or daredevil.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X