Bloodwulf!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodwulf!!!!

so i was looking through some old comics and came across a copy of "DARKER IMAGE". this is the comic in which they introduce THE MAXX, BLOODWULF, and DEATHBLOW. this is a pic that was in the book that i thought would put my touch to. comments and crits welcomed [IMG][/IMG] here is the other[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by nicklepickle1; 04-07-2009, 09:39 PM. Reason: better comparison

Nice rendering of this Liefeldian anti-hero and his aero-bike.

Comment

Originally posted by nicklepickle1 View Post
      this is a pic that was in the book that i thought would put my touch to.
      Does that mean you 'copied' it?

If yes, it just makes the process of critique kind of redundant.
      Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Originally posted by Beastie View Post
        Does that mean you 'copied' it?

If yes, it just makes the process of critique kind of redundant.
        Yeah, I/we can't really offer up much in the way of a crit if it's copied.

Still, great character. In no way like Lobo... at all. *ahem*
        Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
        and here on Twitter

Comment

i used the same pose as the pic, i started with my own stick figure and used the pic for a costume reference. so i guess if thats copying then yes. if needed i can post the original for comparison. i understand not waisting time critiquing a pic like this. i'm pretty much just trying to draw at least a pic a day to get back in the swing of things and posting the ones i like. thanks for your time.

Comment

What was the intended purpose of copying a Rob Liefeld drawing? I can understand making studies from other artist to try to comprehend techniques, but I don't understand copying someone as fundamentally bad as Liefeld. There's just not much to learn from him.
            See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
            DeviantArt

Comment

I think though that an artist can make a distinction between studying the style of a particular artist (in this case Liefeld) and drawing a character that artist has created.
              In this case I don't see the nickle-pickel version of this character as being extremely Liefeldian, with the poor mechanics that might entail.
              But I leave it to sharper critics to determine if nickle-pickel has improved this Bloodwulf over Liefeld's Bloodwulf, or if nickle-pickel has just been studying Rob a little too closely.
              Others have drawn characters originally created by Liefeld and have done wonders for them. Nickle-pickel may one day even over-take Rob Liefeld.

Comment

Well, there are definitely a few Liefeld attributes that jump out at me in this image. The fat fist is always a characteristic that has plagued Liefeld and that right clinched fist jumps out at me. I think if you're going to take a Liefeld drawing and copy it, those are the kinds of things that you could try to improve on over the original.
                DeviantArt

Comment

it wasnt so much fat fist as much as it was no wrist.
                  My deviantART
                  My Art Blog
                  My Comic Reviewing Blog
                  My Inking and Lettering Portfolio Website

Comment

He didn't draw joints well or would just cover them up... but What I'm referring to is the size of the thumb side of the palm (Thenar muscles).
                    DeviantArt

Comment

Why not post the original too so that we can see whether it is an improvement or not?

Comment

here is the original image. [IMG][/IMG] have fun and thanks.

Comment

It's definitely an improvement in your piece nickel' by leaving out the unnecessary detail of the over-muscled veiny things, or whatever they're supposed to be. Not all detail is good detail.

Comment

Thank you. I think you did a good job at correcting some of Liefeld's obvious anatomical blunders.

Seen this way, I think it is a worthy exercise.

Comment

thanks, i'm glad that it appears to some that i made some improvements over the original. the real point to drawing this pic was no real point other than picking a cheesy pic and a cheesy character from a cheesy creator(liefeld) and just redrawing it and hoping it looked cooler.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X