Hellboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hellboy

One of my favorite characters. Absolutely LOVED doing this pic.

Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by Hanzou; 04-09-2009, 09:25 PM.
    Deviantart
    Legend of Azure

Hmm, wonder why I didn't get any comments...
    Deviantart
    Legend of Azure

Comment

One of my favorites also. I think he needs a bigger chin. Maybe the straight on, centered composition is leaving folks a little cold. Hence, the lack of comments. The creatures eyes sort of read as blades until further observation. I really like your digital coloring. Did you color an inked or pencil drawing or is it digital from scratch? I would like you to give me some consultation on my "Hellboy and Friend" drawing for digital color. Only because it has a similar design and we are fellow Hellboy fans.
      Art Blog: http://karpartpage.blogspot.com/

Pummel Stats: 9 wins 18 losses 1KO
      Nothing's like a blaster at yer side.

Comment

Originally posted by ajkarp View Post
        One of my favorites also. I think he needs a bigger chin. Maybe the straight on, centered composition is leaving folks a little cold. Hence, the lack of comments. The creatures eyes sort of read as blades until further observation. I really like your digital coloring. Did you color an inked or pencil drawing or is it digital from scratch? I would like you to give me some consultation on my "Hellboy and Friend" drawing for digital color. Only because it has a similar design and we are fellow Hellboy fans.
        I sketched it out first, then redrew it digitally.

Thanks for commenting. I am trying to veer away from the center-dead on stuff.
        Deviantart
        Legend of Azure

Comment

I agree with ajkarp's comment about the creature's eyes. I thought that they were 'playing cards' that had been tossed in the air to begin with.

The green of the creature's main body is very different from the green you've used to colour his tentacle. I know that you've done that because of the light coming off the weird little orange jelly thing that Hellboy's holding -- but I don't think that the 'difference in greens' would be that great. It almost feels like they're not part of the same creature.

The mummy head in the bottom right corner looks a bit lazily done. He just disappears into the mist/floor/water? I'd probably just get rid of him.

I like the rest of the pic - and, forgetting the green tentacle issue I have, I really like the colours you've used.
          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

With some lighting tweaks this has real potential. If you make that cool glowy thing in his hand the primary light source you could really add a lot of drama and visual interest to this piece. As is, its too brightly lit.
            Mod
            Writer/Artist: Urban Shogun

Sketches | DA Gallery

Urban Shogun #3 is now available!

Comment

Easier to show than tell. Please forgive the clumsy mousework - just trying to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.
              Attached Files
              Mod
              Writer/Artist: Urban Shogun

Sketches | DA Gallery

Urban Shogun #3 is now available!

Comment

I agree with Mase, the emphasis on the light source would really make a difference.
                See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
                DeviantArt

Comment

Alright, I fixed what I wanted to fix on this. If I go any darker, the pinup is going to look terrible, so the lighting has to stay the way it is. I did fix the eyes though. Thanks everyone for the input.
                  Last edited by Hanzou; 04-09-2009, 09:27 PM.
                  Deviantart
                  Legend of Azure

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X