Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JKing04
    replied
    Yeah. that helps a lot actually. I've been trying for to teach myself to paint in photoshop. So this helps me figure out what I need to work on.

Leave a comment:

• Beastie
    replied
    The lightness vs darkness issue is quite difficult here I think.

I'm trying to picture where the light is coming from. Only, the highlights on his body seem to indicate that the light source is actually quite strong - even though the rest of the room is dark.

I think that needs to be resolved in some way - so that he has more of a sense of 'grounding' and existing in a 3-D space.

Hope that makes sense......

Leave a comment:

• JKing04
    replied
    I just figured out how to post image instead of just a link. I put two versions.
    Last edited by JKing04; 04-01-2009, 12:21 AM. Reason: Made a mistake

Leave a comment:

• JKing04
    replied
    On my machine at home it looks great but I opened it at work this morning and I thought the same thing. I think it would work better in print. I'll try to lighten it and post again. Thanks for checking it out though.

Leave a comment:

• chia
    replied
    I have to say it is entirely too dark. You can barely see the outline of the creature.

Leave a comment:

• JKing04
    started a topic Monster with Dreds

Monster with Dreds

This is a monster that I drew and painted in Photoshop. I'm practicing digital painting without having thick black outlines. Please let me know what you think. I preffer the darker version but I understand that on some monitors its way too dark.

Last edited by JKing04; 04-01-2009, 12:19 AM.

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X