• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the cover to LGTU #9

thoughts?

hopes?

dreams?

i wanted this one to remind people of the first 'n.
    INSTRUMENTAL GRAPHIC NOVEL + SOUNDTRACK now available!
    CLICK HERE

Love the image, love the colour choices (really, really love the image) -- but don't like the font or position of 'by Dave Chisholm'.

There's something about the two-tone text on your name that looks a bit blurry to me. I just think you need to do something to give it a crisper effect.

As for the positioning -- I'm not keen on the way that the bottom line of 'Dave Chisholm' is in line with the bottom of the character's glasses. It makes an uncomfortable horizontal across the page which I think detracts from the power of the image itself.
    Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

I really really like the image. Just a great illo of Dave. I'd be interested in seeing some different crops of it though. A lot of your covers have had some nice crops that really make the subject more interesting, so I'd like to see what you could here.

Maybe make Dave a bit bigger, and bump the image to the right a bit? That would put more focus on his good eye, and the change in size would fix the horizon line issue that Beastie mentioned. Just an idea.
      Artblog!

Comment

cool. thanks, guys. i'll tweak it later on and repost it.
        probably wednesday, because today = sucks.
        CLICK HERE

Comment

Nice cover Dave, I think I'd also agree with moving your name off of the detailed illustration for clarity.
          Then only other thing I'd say the blood trails coming out of each nostril look a bit too similar and simetrical
          so maybe a little more variation otherwise great, Congrats on the long haul.
          My Deviant Art gallery http://the-standard.deviantart.com/
          Check out my website:http://capitumini.com/
          Twitter:capitumini
          Facebook: Dan Capitumini
          Commission? just ask!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Standard View Post
            Nice cover Dave, I think I'd also agree with moving your name off of the detailed illustration for clarity.
            Then only other thing I'd say the blood trails coming out of each nostril look a bit too similar and simetrical
            so maybe a little more variation otherwise great, Congrats on the long haul.

cool. thanks, man. hopefully i'll have time today to work on it.
            CLICK HERE

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X