Last ditch effort Moon Knight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last ditch effort Moon Knight

Decided to do this on the last day of deadline. I'll probably end up throwing an actual background later.

Ummm...

What's going on? You have an odd pose. You are throwing some sort of shuriken for no reason, and the hand throwing them doesn't look like it is...Not to mention just grabbin the guys hair looks weird. This is utter fail on concept and looks liek you are over reaching and cluttering up just because you think more is more...

I don't know this character but if I were to look at this character without anything else I would have no interest in the character despite generally speaking from what I know it fits the type of character i like.

On top of all that you seem to have just randomly placed the lighting to the left, which is then ignore in some areas when the character is clearly a night stalker type character and he's called MOON knight. He should be lit from above, especially in a pic like this.

To revampe this image, change the pose, get rid of the thug on the left and the shurikens, light the image from the top, and if i were to do it i'd black out most of the guy with his hair be pulled's face and give him a more surprised/scared look. I think i'd also make Moon knight with his arm back ready to punch and have the moon prominently in the background.

your foreshortening is off slightly in the left foot and right arm (reverse of image) And anatomically the right leg doesn't seem to be bending correctly and the head doesn't look quite like he has a neck...but that could be easily fixed by lifting the head slightly up and to the right by just a smidge.

Comment

I've been noticing that some people like to post negative 'critiques' for the sake of posting critiques. Its one thing to give someone feedback on some things, and its another thing to totally rip apart their artwork and calling it a critique. Personally, I like whats going on. I like the action you've created here. I think your lines could be cleaned up, but like you said, you rushed it, so I can get that.
      I don't think much needs to be changed...but I would love to see this inked and cleaned up though.
      I don't bother making points, because there is no point.

My webcomic| Redux Deluxe

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis2kx View Post
        I've been noticing that some people like to post negative 'critiques' for the sake of posting critiques. Its one thing to give someone feedback on some things, and its another thing to totally rip apart their artwork and calling it a critique. Personally, I like whats going on. I like the action you've created here. I think your lines could be cleaned up, but like you said, you rushed it, so I can get that.
        I don't think much needs to be changed...but I would love to see this inked and cleaned up though.
        Anubis, don't attack me and try to make it a generalized statement.

The point of a critique in my opinion is to learn. I'm not "tearing" anything apart I am dissecting things to give the most amount of information that I can provide so that you can see why I think that or see what I'm talking about so that you can improve.

Generally speaking things seem negative because if it's perfect there is no reason for you to be posting. You've already perfected your craft. That is unless you're showing off.

On the other hand I assume that most people know about where they fall in skill level so good people generally get "that's great" which is a worthless post, or "this is what I see wrong" posts which comes off as negative and bad people generally will get, "this is what you did good" or no posts at all when a person actually takes the time to critique a piece.

Comment

The point of the forum is to give and get constructive criticism. There are varied levels of skill and knowledge.... both in art posted and people who give the critiques. It's up to the person who posted their art as to what they'll digest and what they'll discard. But people in general are just trying to help others improve.

Just an example of something I'd discard, using Durraken's critique as an example... is the comment about Moon Knight being lit from above because he's a night stalker with "Moon" in his name. The most intense light sources at night are man made, coming from the city street lights. Not every image of the character needs to be lit from above, have a moon in it. And the moon is generally a secondary light source, not primary in a street scene. I don't think the comment was valid.

Anyways... My critiques would be that the cropping of the guy's head on the right is awkward, and that the thrown weapons would have more of an impact on the viewer if it looked like they were coming right at us. Would give the viewer a better sense of being involved and pull them in. So IMO I'd solve that by adjusting the perspective and scale of those weapons to help the illusion.

I like the sense of motion and action. The linework is great!
          See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
          DeviantArt

Comment

Thanks for the crits. I'll apply it because I see some terrible things
            that need to be addressed.

I find foreshortening hard to look right and it's clear the
            spatial elements of the figures don't make sense.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X