Dasi - Gaza 2029

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dasi - Gaza 2029

Hey guys and gals haven't posted for some time now, just been way too busy to draw/paint cause of my army service but here is a lil something that i finished some days ago, influensed by the "war" we had here cuple months ago.

comments and critiques are always welcomed.

/Alex/

the sketch

in progress...

THE FINISHED PICTURE

Open for commissions and work....PM me.

Tjanks

Thank you for your service.
    Trampis

Heavyweight

Wins:9
    Losses:4
    Knockouts:7
    Months champion: 2

Comment

knee pad seems a bit low or shin is a bit small...

Like wise the little girl/boy is too small.

compositionally it's not too good as it takes two or three looks to even catch that the girl/boy has a grenade which should be more immediately seen. Otherwise you aren't communicating you're intended message.

Comment

You use some negative wording to describe some people's artwork Durakken. I wouldn't say that this isn't 'too good' especially given the time put forth in this. And the mention of the low kneepad....the whole anatomy of that character is skewed to being with, so I'm pretty sure the placement was intentional.

I think this is a very interesting and abstract piece though. I like your use of color.
        I don't bother making points, because there is no point.

My webcomic| Redux Deluxe

Comment

Who cares if it took time to do. If it's not right it's not right. Anyone can put up a house and have it take a long time but we pay construction workers to do it right.

Comment

The main problem I have is that it is hard to decipher the "message" of this piece. Any good piece of art communicates a message clearly and unequivocally, but this one is almost contradictory.

At first sight it looks like you are taking a pro-israel stance (the soldier woman looks pretty happy that gaza has been turned to rubble by the Israeli military), but on second thought it almost looks pro-palestinian (the girl with the grenade seems to say "they will bomb and burn gaza down until the only opposition to the israeli military machine are little children with grenades").

Its a bit confusing, in my opinion. Which is closer to the intended message?

Comment

Why are the foreground characters in greyscale? Still seems unfinished IMHO. I'm also unclear about the message here. I really like the initial sketch, though.
              Mod
              Writer/Artist: Urban Shogun

Sketches | DA Gallery

Urban Shogun #3 is now available!

Comment

trampis Thank you.

Durakken I know that the composition is ain't that good, but i'm still learning so.....

about the knee bad, when we don't need them we actualy prefer to lower 'em down, because it's really uncomfortable to walk with 'em.

Anubis2kx
                Thank you.

chia
                It's up to you actualy to decipher the "message".... whatever suits you and your opinion.
                I'm an israeli soldier, and i've lived under the palestinian rockets for more than a year......so you can guess what my position is.

Mase
                Hehehe... :P i probably just was too lazy to make them in color too.

Open for commissions and work....PM me.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X