No announcement yet.

Moonknight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just don't think it says 'Moon Knight', to me. Maybe if the cape was in the shape of a crescent moon or something, the character would be more easily recognizable...

Comment

Originally posted by red7ine View Post
      I just don't think it says 'Moon Knight', to me. Maybe if the cape was in the shape of a crescent moon or something, the character would be more easily recognizable...
      You and Justice said the same exact thing.

The really odd thing is that when I was doing my research for this, I think there was one reference image of the Moon Knight with a crescent shape cape on the first 5 pages of the google search. Not being very familiar with the character, I didn't realize it was an important characteristic. Something I'll consider if I ever draw the character again (which is unlikely). Then again, I kinda think the hood and the moon on his chest is what defines the design of the character.
      See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
      DeviantArt

Comment

Guess you could argue that the crescent is all messed up, like MK's life is right now... But here I just see modern Finch Moon Knight, which is what I think you were going for anyways.

It's one of your best, I agree with the crits above, but overall a really strong picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
          Guess you could argue that the crescent is all messed up, like MK's life is right now... But here I just see modern Finch Moon Knight, which is what I think you were going for anyways.
          Heh... The Cape does have a bullet hole in it (was thinking of adding more). But really, I wasn't thinking of the crescent shape element when I was drawing it at all. And you're right, I'm most familiar with Finch's version of the character.

It's one of your best, I agree with the crits above, but overall a really strong picture.
          Thanks Keith!
          Last edited by dfbovey; 03-23-2009, 03:10 PM.
          DeviantArt

Comment

Originally posted by soulsyfn View Post
            All of these posts are exactly why I love this forum!
            Reminds me of the good ol' days.
            SOVEREIGN: The Return vol. 1 is now live on kickstarter. Please support or spread the word https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...raphic-novel-0

Comment

Originally posted by Huerta View Post
              Reminds me of the good ol' days.
              Definitely how it should be!
              DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X