Moonknight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moonknight

Kinda lost focus towards the end of this one. There's a few things I need to refine and clean up on it. Like the blast effect from the gun and some detailing on the buildings. Haven't drawn superhero stuff in a while so this was a nice break. Might toss some ink wash over it.

See my work on Game of Thrones seasons two, three and four blurays
    DeviantArt

This is pretty freaking cool, I think having one of the slides retracting might show some additional action. Also the way his right hand is holding the gun makes it look like he does not have control of the gun - so if the intent was for both guns to be aimed at MoonKnight you may want to adjust that gun.

However, MoonKnight and the background are amazing... that building directly behind MoonKnight is freaking very well done!

Comment

Originally posted by soulsyfn View Post
      This is pretty freaking cool, I think having one of the slides retracting might show some additional action. Also the way his right hand is holding the gun makes it look like he does not have control of the gun - so if the intent was for both guns to be aimed at MoonKnight you may want to adjust that gun.

However, MoonKnight and the background are amazing... that building directly behind MoonKnight is freaking very well done!
      Thanks!

For the gun on the right hand side it's kinda caught in an awkward moment, like the guy holding it just pulled it from a holster inside his jacket and hasn't had time to aim it yet. Might make more sense and be less confusing to have it aimed though.

Good suggestion with the retracting slide of the gun.
      Last edited by dfbovey; 03-20-2009, 09:13 AM.
      DeviantArt

Comment

No prob... as for the gun on the right side maybe showing it at an even harsher angle to wear the side is almost flush with the viewers eyes and his fingers barely have a grip on it so it looks like it is literally just being pulled from his holster. I shoot and carry so I have a little perspective on situational awareness and drawing from a shoulder holster and belt holster.

But if you decide not to change anything thats cool as the pic as a whole is pretty freaking cool.

Comment

I'll definitely consider it for sure.
          DeviantArt

Comment

This is great work Dave, I really like how you render!

I have one small crit, the right leg where the thigh meets the hip looks odd, i did an overlay to show.

Comment

Thanks Morg, I see what you mean. A line that I intended to be a wrinkle fold in the pants ended up looking like it was defining the outline of his leg.
              DeviantArt

Comment

Pretty awesome image!
                The POV is very dramatic and works very well, great shading and figure too!

The onlt thing that could maybe add to the pic is as previously mentioned a receding slide.

Only real crit is there seems to be a few issues with perspective, I did an overlay that you can find here http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4816/mk1w.jpg

Basically, I think:
                1) your 2 horizontal VP might be too close to each other, and not all lines seem to recede to them
                2) Not all of your buildings are consistent with your 3rd high VP.

All in all you achieved a very striking image, a few ish could be fixed, but it's not too distracting as is
                http://jel.deviantart.com

Comment

Good stuff, thanks Jel!

I was attempting to warp the perspective a bit to imply a bit more motion. A slight fish eye towards the outside edges. I don't think it worked out very well and that's definitely where I lost focus.
                  DeviantArt

Comment

Looks nice, Dave but the lighting is a bit confusing. You have two light sources, here from what I can see. The blast from the gun at front and the moon from behind. With regard to the light from the front you'd probably have to make front leg brighter below and shadowed above. Also, with regards to the moonlight I'd recommend emphasizing that by lightening up his undercape from the right side.

With the contrast pumped up, here's how I think the lighting should go, if you don't mind my scribbling over your picture.

Also, there seems to be a little bit of a tangent with the underside of his cape on the left side and the top of the nearby building. If you want, you can move the building over to the left just a bit to give MK a little space to slide down on. Just my .02

zenwave twit da space twart

Comment

All of these posts are exactly why I love this forum!

Comment

Awesome lighting overlay man, appreciate that!
                        DeviantArt

Comment

This really turned out great . Nice pose , background and lighting .

Comment

musashi just blew this to smithereens. holy crap what a huge improvement.

Comment

Thanks guys! Probably some of the best critical feedback I've gotten on a piece that I've posted here.
                              DeviantArt

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X