Charcoal Drawings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charcoal Drawings

Here are some Charcoal drawings I've done in my Freehand Drawing class for you all you enjoy. I do love comments and critiques, anything to help me refine my skills. Thanks!

STRIPED CLOTH WITH LAMP

WOMAN'S BUST WITH VIOLIN

ANIMAL SKULL ON BOX

(Sorry, I know this thread is under sketches, but I meant to put it in this thread. Sorry for the double post.)
    "Being an artist means being committed...and I mean that in EVERY sense of the word." - Me

LIGHTWEIGHT * WINS: 05 * LOSSES: 03 * KO: 02 *

PUMMEL Stats

Once you get past the odd randomness of the pieces, I really like what you've done with the cloth, lamp, violin and parts of the skull. The female bust and the box/toaster/radiator thing don't look quite in correct proportions.

Comment

Man that is nice. I am actually a fan of the randomness, and there is always a place in my Heart for Charcoals.

Comment

Originally posted by AceOfHeats View Post
        Man that is nice. I am actually a fan of the randomness, and there is always a place in my Heart for Charcoals.
        Thanks! Yeah the randomness is actually my instructor's fault. He placed the bunch of random objects together just so we could try out different shapes and shadows in one drawing.

And I found myself surprisingly liking the charcoal. I didn't think I would because it is a little messy, but you can get some beautiful effects.
        "Being an artist means being committed...and I mean that in EVERY sense of the word." - Me

PUMMEL Stats

Comment

Nice work . I really like the wrinkles in the cloth , the lighting on it is very realistic looking .

The other drawings seem to have really hard edges from dark to light , not as much fancy shading as the first .

Comment

Originally posted by DogSoldier View Post
            Nice work . I really like the wrinkles in the cloth , the lighting on it is very realistic looking .

The other drawings seem to have really hard edges from dark to light , not as much fancy shading as the first .

Thanks! Yeah I agree that the cloth and lamp one came out the best. That was my third attempt at charcoal drawing so I guess the practice made perfect. =D

PUMMEL Stats

Comment

Originally posted by DogSoldier View Post

Nice drawings, I agree 100% with DogSoldier...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X