The Assassin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Assassin

I just finished this yesterday and was able to finally get some pictures. It's all oil. I'm really trying to push towards this style and technique. I'm trying to put together a portfolio for fantasy type stuff, ie. Wizards of the Coast, etc. Comments and crits are very welcome.

Thanks for looking.

http://www.bfowler.com

Art Blog Goodness --> HERE
    Twitter

Pummel - HERE

No crits.
    Just wanted to comment that I sometimes hold my pens like that when I'm pretending to be Wolverine.

Comment

The most noticable thing is his jaw looks kind of wide. Besides that I like it. Nice background too
      my deviantart
      SKETCHUMS
      Wins: 29 (34%)
      Losses: 56
      ~end transmisson.

Comment

The concept and colors are obviously done well. I am just having a problem with two things. (1) The assassin and the background do not seem to be cohesive. That is; the BG is at a certain angle, whereas the assassin does lean a little, he is still standing straight up and down. (2)
        The knife could be a little more noticeable, I didn't see it until later. So maybe have just a hair stronger of a moon light source to really pop him out.

Hope that helps.
        Salamé!

My Deviant Art Gallery

PJ Sketch Blog

Comment

Very, very cool. I like it a lot. The only thing I think could improve it would be some stronger highlights to bring the subject up a little. Maybe on the metal bits, like the knife and needles?

Comment

Originally posted by Wo-Nellie View Post
            No crits.
            Just wanted to comment that I sometimes hold my pens like that when I'm pretending to be Wolverine.
            Hahaha. That's funny, Wo-Nellie.

The finished assassin looks good, I remember you
            posting the original pencils way back...lotta work twixt
            here and there...very nice...

-hg

Comment

Nice work man. The best oils I've seen you do. I'll second the comment about the jaw being wide, and I think you could fix that by adding some shadow to reduce it. I also agree that some gleam on the darts and dagger would help them to pop.

Nice to see some traditional stuff from you!
              Artblog!

Comment

First of all it's really good...i didn't know about your painting skill was so good!

I agree about adding (I mena I know it's finished, but I'm talking as you could apply some changes) more shadowing to the pic for adding mistery and drama (we're talking about a leal killer here). According to my taste the background in tilted too much, but as I said it's my taste.
                Simone Guglielmini
                http://www.simoneguglielmini.com/

Comment

Hi! I think it's amazing. It reminds me of "Royal Assessian" from Magic the Gathering!! I think this job would look awesome in a card game. I agree with some of the crits though.
                  Excellent job!
                  My last post. Take a look!
                  Mauro Barbosa - Colorist, flatter and caricaturist.

Comment

I like the paiting on the background but also think maybe a shine on the darts would read better.
                    My Deviant Art gallery http://the-standard.deviantart.com/
                    Check out my website:http://capitumini.com/
                    Twitter:capitumini
                    Facebook: Dan Capitumini
                    Commission? just ask!

Comment

Love the palette, for sure. I agree that the knife in his right hand could pop a bit more, but what strikes me is the perspective issues...the pillars behind him are on different perspectives from each other, and both are a little off the far background.
                      It's not peer pressure.......It's just YOUR TURN.

Comment

I'll respond to everyone soon. I slammed my pointer finger in a car door this morning and that makes it a pain to type. You've given me tons of great feedback so far and I'm going to do some more work on this piece.
                        http://www.bfowler.com

Art Blog Goodness --> HERE
                        Twitter

Pummel - HERE

Comment

Originally posted by bfowler View Post
                          I slammed my pointer finger in a car door this morning ...
                          Ohhh, don't do that.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X