This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Resident Evil) Tyrant Vs. Venom

Another idea I came up while brain storming. Images of venom are half reference from an unknown artist/s from comic vine and google images. (made alterations.) Tyrant is referenced from a toy model from yahoo images.(made alterations.) Courtesy of the background has been brought to you from a photo reference of my own backyard from the Marathon truck fueling station. Hummer was not included while shooting this picture. Hummer referenced on Flicker under "soldiers in Iraq." I hope everyone likes this idea and feel free to crit.

Going to be harsh here, but the image does not work for me at all. It feels like elements pasted together to make a composition. They don't appear to be interacting with each other at all either and Tyrant looks like he is floating 3ft above the ground.

The BG looks good though and the detailing really sells it. How did you do it?
    Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
    and here on Twitter

Comment

Ok I'll add a shadow under Tyrant's feet. They're not interacting at the moment, just sizing each other up before they fight.
      If all else fails at least there's still a background.

Comment

I am completely new to this forum (hello to everyone, by the way , but as a suggestions, one of the ways they could interact would be by looking at one another. Tyrant's line of sight is heading past Venom to something at the viewers right. Venom is also looking over Tyrant's head. The scenery is pretty amazing. Good work!

Comment

Once again, zero interaction.

You're just not listening
          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Remember Colorforms? That's what this reminds me of...

...without the color, of course.
            Money can't buy you happiness, but it will pay for the search.

Comment

I heart spam.

Comment

this image was removed before I could see it but ouch, after your back story of all the reference materials you used and then to be so soundly panned makes you grateful that we learn from our mistakes. if it was me I'd be in a fetal position crying somewhere... then hopefully reworking my attempt after a suitable healing period.

Comment

No, no healing period, no reworking, and no crying either. I just went to artconcepts.org instead, where the artists are more serious, talented and encouraging to other artists out of respect.

Comment

Hmmmm ... if you bail then you just prove what guys are saying ... that you don't want to listen and learn ... that all you want is praise. Why post your work if you don't want serious C&C ... everything that is being said is true ... your figures don't appear to be interacting properly in any of the pieces I have seen from you. I am really glad that you have started to put up your references ... it is a good step ... but other then that you aren't listening.

I learned a lot from this community ... if you stay you will too ... but you will have to make up your own mind.
                    "The next time I let Superman take charge, just hit me REAL hard" -Batman
                    http://www.penciljack.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80062
                    The only person I need to out draw is myself!

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                      No, no healing period, no reworking, and no crying either. I just went to artconcepts.org instead, where the artists are more serious, talented and encouraging to other artists out of respect.
                      You ungrateful little brat.

I (and others) have spent AGES giving you serious crits on your work since you came to these boards - and its not OUR fault if you've failed to progress or listen to feedback.

I really hope you leave these boards altogether - because, as far as I'm concerned, someone with your pathetic little attitude is not welcome here.

If the people at artconcepts tell you that your work is good (and that's clearly all you want to hear) - they are plainly lying to you.

Goodbye, good riddance.
                      Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

Good luck Studi0205, get crits wherever you can.

Comment

Is anyone familiar with this art.concepts.org? Is it new? I googled it up and it appears to only have 35 members:
                          http://art.concepts.org.uk/

Can I get over 600 views if I storm off the board? I'm jealous.

Comment

I just went and looked at the history of posts Studio205 has made and it seems he has never been good at taking criticism and advice, I was going to say something about how you need this kind of info to improve but I think it would be wasted and also I would be a bit of a hypocrite as I never post my writing and that is why I vow to post some of my stuff for you all to rip into and criticize, I know it is the ONLY way I will improve. Also I want loads of views like this thread

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                              I just went to artconcepts.org instead, where the artists are more serious, talented and encouraging to other artists out of respect.
                              What your attitude says to me:

Good luck in the future
                              Check out the Vanguard web comic site.
                              and here on Twitter

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X