Alien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alien

First off, sorry for spaming this board with right side profile shots. This will be my last one lol...
    Anyway, here's a speed sketch (30 min) of an Alien.

Edit: revised a bit...
    Last edited by jujigatame; 05-20-2008, 01:19 AM.

Don't tell u did this in 30 minutes! I would have been doodling just the head for half an hour... You're pretty good, there's no doubt. What have you used for referrence?

Comment

jujigatame
      First off, sorry for spaming this board with right side profile shots.
      Too funny. I'd love to see some other poses man. This piece is beautiful.
      My Deviant Art Page
      My Pummel Matches
      P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Originally posted by wheelchairman View Post
        Don't tell u did this in 30 minutes! I would have been doodling just the head for half an hour... You're pretty good, there's no doubt. What have you used for referrence?
        Thanks for the feedback.

I got the reference from an image of the predator/alien thingie from the AVP movie. It wasn't done verbatim but, it is clearly obvious that it was inspired by the image.
        Started as a delineated(sp) ballpoint sketch, then spotted the blacks with a sharpie, then refined it a bit.

Comment

Nice work. You've been here for a month and I already know that your posts are worth checking out. I haven't seen the reference, and I haven't seen AVP, so I don't know if the Aliens have changed at all, but I think the general body here is a bit too humanoid. That's all I've got though.
          Artblog!

Comment

Wow..that's awesome. Thanks!
            Yeah, kinda did my own thing on certain points in the creature's structure. Wasn't willing to put in the time to make it 'right'...so I deviated in that regards and could definitely criticize it myself as being more of an "Alien" head plopped on a humanoid body than an actual "Alien" creature.

Comment

Originally posted by jujigatame View Post
              Wow..that's awesome. Thanks!
              Yeah, kinda did my own thing on certain points in the creature's structure. Wasn't willing to put in the time to make it 'right'...so I deviated in that regards and could definitely criticize it myself as being more of an "Alien" head plopped on a humanoid body than an actual "Alien" creature.
              Lets just be sincere - I really dig this picture not just for how it's drawnbut also for its originality. Its something new you created, not the old boring and milion times repictured alien... my point is.. when I saw the Alien 1 movie for the first time I was so stoked. Alien was horrible, never seen before and it was some kind of new evil to come to this world. But after years when other alien movies came and the horror of killing one alien in first part of the saga got esposed by killing hordes of them like they were no more than just some space crap.. Alien is no more that dread creature it was many years ago. And here comes you, creating some kind of new evil... if you understand me.. I just like that picture really much.

Comment

Okay, I'll just accept the compliment and shutup lol....thanks!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X