Sontaran Warrior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sontaran Warrior

Though I love the new Doctor, I was not entirely happy with the new version of the Sontarans, so here is the classic version, Linx from "The Time Warrior"...

Check out paulmcrae.ca.
    My DeviantArt Page

His head is totally King Pin! It first sight I thought that thing in his right hand is a cigar.. Therefore it could be King Pin. Then I scrolled down the site and realized its not him or he had to loose weight. Whats that thing in his hand anyways? It looks like a T-wrench. Try to use different lineweight on areas turned to light source from areas that are in shadows.

Comment

Man, I can't believe that there aren't more Doctor Who fans around! The T-shaped thing is the Sontaran weapon/hypno ray.

This episode was first broadcast in 1973, so that might have something to do with it. ;-)
      Check out paulmcrae.ca.
      My DeviantArt Page

Comment

I think the new Sontarans are completely fantastic in comparison. They looked like charbroiled jell-o molds originally. At least now they look like plausible creatures.

Be careful with your structure again. His head is off-kilter, seems to be listing to his right, our left a bit too much. Also, might want to make sure the hips are in line a bit more too, it's got a perspective glitch right now that make the legs seem like they don't match the upper body.

Do you mind seeing overlays?

Comment

Originally posted by xadrian View Post
          I think the new Sontarans are completely fantastic in comparison. They looked like charbroiled jell-o molds originally. At least now they look like plausible creatures.

Be careful with your structure again. His head is off-kilter, seems to be listing to his right, our left a bit too much. Also, might want to make sure the hips are in line a bit more too, it's got a perspective glitch right now that make the legs seem like they don't match the upper body.

Do you mind seeing overlays?
          Please feel free. That's why I am here.

I thought the chanting was a bit much. ;-)
          Check out paulmcrae.ca.
          My DeviantArt Page

Comment

I know you are probably reflecting the reference material, but forward hand so neatly matches the shape of the shoulder that it's difficult to distinguish the two?

(BTW - I thought they shoudda put the new Sontarans in the Juddoon outfits...)

Comment

Originally posted by jedi34567 View Post
              Man, I can't believe that there aren't more Doctor Who fans around! The T-shaped thing is the Sontaran weapon/hypno ray.

This episode was first broadcast in 1973, so that might have something to do with it. ;-)
              Well... I'm from a country where this stuff never appeared.. so sorry for that T-wrench. :-)

Comment

Don't worry about it, WCM. Doctor Who (the original series) is famous for its really cheap props and special effects. They probably _did_ use a T-wrench!
                Check out paulmcrae.ca.
                My DeviantArt Page

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X