X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sdowner
    replied
    Hey, Ink!
    Good to see you following a strong light source here, but I see a few things that could use rethinking:

The lines really need to be black. Having them gray flattens out the picture- you lose a lot of volume provided in the inks.
    You need to tighten up your selections a lot. I'm seeing color areas bleed into each other a lot, and that just doesn't work with this style.
    Your shadow areas need work.
    Right now they're just local colors with pure black added in to darken it. This leaves it way too saturated in the shadows, and then it looks pretty weird with the very desaturated highlights.

So desaturate your shadows! Add a bunch of steel blue to 'em, so red is almost purple, and then you've got a great base for your light.
    Your midtone areas need work.
    Or rather, they just need to be there. Right now you go from shadow to highlight with no midtone, and it's not working.
    With a lightsource like this, the midtone should be the most saturated part of your picture. So put some of those in there where you've just got highlight, and then I think your highlight tones should be okay brightness-wise.
    Work on your forms a bit:
    Right now her face is looking super flat and you've got strong highlights on the wrong side of her breasts and hair. Get (or shoot) some reference on her face if you need to.

Looking at the lines I see that Adam put in two light sources- a strong primary coming from viewer left and a weaker secondary light coming from viewer right and behind Wondy.
    I think you would do well to add a gentle blue rimlight along her left side where it's indicated in the inks. Not too strong, but enough to offset the super bright warm sunlight.

Glad to see you working on your volume more! It's definitely showing.
    Keep on improving and you'll be a powerhouse in no time.
    –Steve

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by chrislw47130 View Post
    It's a nice rendering of WW, but IMHO, her legs look just a little short for the rest of her anatomy and her boobs are just humungous! Don't know how she's fight crime with those pups flying around! I think you did a fine job with the colors---especially the skin tones.

wat's IMHO? and also, that was funny. i too wonder how she wears that metallic chasity belt of a diaper and NOT get iron camel toe. The perks of being an amazon i guess.

Leave a comment:

• chrislw47130
    replied
    It's a nice rendering of WW, but IMHO, her legs look just a little short for the rest of her anatomy and her boobs are just humungous! Don't know how she's fight crime with those pups flying around! I think you did a fine job with the colors---especially the skin tones.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by wheelchairman View Post
    Oh yes, I got the point. Its quite good then.
    oh! thank u. nice to have a fan.

Leave a comment:

• wheelchairman
    replied
    Originally posted by InkatHeart View Post
    well ya know she's ONLY an amazon, dontcha know. and Princess/Queen of if I remember right. Think of her as one of those gladiator women on TV if it helps.
    Oh yes, I got the point. Its quite good then.

Leave a comment:

• richcapo
    replied
    In order for the extreme highlighting to even begin to work, you need to have a bright light source falling on her. Otherwise, it looks amateurish, in my opinion. And like she's been superimposed over a random background.

_Richard
    Last edited by richcapo; 05-19-2008, 10:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• SilverSkies
    replied
    cool coloring and i like your style .....

Leave a comment:

• TropicalPencil
    replied
    The colours look ok but I just don't like that the highlights go all the way to pure white....or at least that you put such big pure white highlights. I understand you were going for the goddess-y look with the whole aura and glow and whatnot but it just seems too much. It really does make her look a bit washed out rather than glowing. Even on her costume, highlights on a red costume shouldn't be such big areas of pure white should it? ( i'm asking though because i'm no colourist ).

Otherwise the skin tone and hue of colours used are spot on in my opinion it's just those big white highlights are distracting.

Leave a comment:

• tygerM
    replied
    I like it a lot.
    My two cents: making the background a bit darker might be cool. But that's only my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• Pencilero
    replied
    You could achieve a luminous style without the colors looking sun faded.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by lost-spartan View Post
    I think you colored her way too brightly lit. She looks really washed out.
    i like to think it gives her that goddessy look. but ur opinion is well appreciated mon amie.

Leave a comment:

• lost-spartan
    replied
    I think you colored her way too brightly lit. She looks really washed out.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by wheelchairman View Post
    She's a bit man-like isn't she? Or its correct?
    well ya know she's ONLY an amazon, dontcha know. and Princess/Queen of if I remember right. Think of her as one of those gladiator women on TV if it helps.

Leave a comment:

• wheelchairman
    replied
    She's a bit man-like isn't she? Or its correct?

Leave a comment:

• MEPsketcher
    replied
    wow that is an awesome job
    the way it looks like light is hiting off her costume is great

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X