Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

girl dancing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • girl dancing

    Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


    http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

  • #2
    used a pic off the internet for ref, not sure where the link went though. Sorry dancing girl.
    Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


    http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

    Comment


    • #3
      "Red wine. Let's Dance, going to be okay." - Lady Gaga.

      Comment


      • #4
        ...wow...I cant tell if you put this up as a joke or not but these might help.
        http://www.amazon.com/How-Draw-Comic...2148358&sr=8-1
        http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Cuttin...d_bxgy_b_img_b
        My webcomic!
        http://www.drunkduck.com/Stunt_Double/

        MY WEBSITE:
        http://erics-sketch-dump.webs.com/

        "SAY JA-JAR BINKS IN AN ABOMINATION! SAY IT!" -Deadpool
        XD

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by eric_blitz View Post
          ...wow...I cant tell if you put this up as a joke or not but these might help.
          http://www.amazon.com/How-Draw-Comic...2148358&sr=8-1
          http://www.amazon.com/Drawing-Cuttin...d_bxgy_b_img_b
          not sure what to take from your comments. I know that I am not the strongest artist on these boards, but I am working hard at getting better.

          I most certainly don't put this up as a joke. I also have no interest in drawing the marvel way. I am more interested in cartooning.
          Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


          http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

          Comment


          • #6
            The scan looks a little small, Uggs. So it's hard to see.

            Interesting, she has an almost Egyptian like pose. And she has nice legs.

            The pose seems a bit flat. A good exercise I got out of "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" is to turn the reference upside down and just draw what you see. This supposedly frees up the mind from seeing a face or a body, for example, and just seeing the reference as related dark and light areas (ie- not thinking to draw a prejudged form like a face). It works best with black and white photos.

            Anyhow, keep on keepin' on.

            Comment


            • #7
              Dude I'm really sorry. Honest to god I didnt mean that in a bad way and I feel really bad.
              My webcomic!
              http://www.drunkduck.com/Stunt_Double/

              MY WEBSITE:
              http://erics-sketch-dump.webs.com/

              "SAY JA-JAR BINKS IN AN ABOMINATION! SAY IT!" -Deadpool
              XD

              Comment


              • #8
                Hi Ugga,
                Were you aiming to have this represent the photo? Or a charicature or an abstraction?

                It may be hard for others to give crits without knowing which direction you were aiming for.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by eric_blitz View Post
                  Dude I'm really sorry. Honest to god I didnt mean that in a bad way and I feel really bad.
                  heh, no worries. I really didn't understand where your crit was coming from. The internet is funny that way. I do appreciate you taking the time to look. I was also a little snipish.

                  I really just couldn't tell if the wow, was that's great, or wow, you suck monkeys dude.

                  No harm, no foul,
                  Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


                  http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by CrazyDiamond View Post
                    Hi Ugga,
                    Were you aiming to have this represent the photo? Or a charicature or an abstraction?

                    It may be hard for others to give crits without knowing which direction you were aiming for.
                    I wish I saved the photo for reference. I got it off a random image site, so I'll never get it back, NOTE TO SELF... bookmark.
                    Really, I am going for a cartoony feel. Not an exactly, realistic, or comic book intertretation.

                    Thanks for the feedback.
                    Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


                    http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Repo Man View Post
                      The scan looks a little small, Uggs. So it's hard to see.

                      Interesting, she has an almost Egyptian like pose. And she has nice legs.

                      The pose seems a bit flat. A good exercise I got out of "Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain" is to turn the reference upside down and just draw what you see. This supposedly frees up the mind from seeing a face or a body, for example, and just seeing the reference as related dark and light areas (ie- not thinking to draw a prejudged form like a face). It works best with black and white photos.

                      Anyhow, keep on keepin' on.
                      thanks. I agree that the pose seems flat. I will try that exercise.

                      I am making progress, but it's slow slow slow. Thanks for looking and commenting.
                      Request an invite here to join a great facebook art critique group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/327854080642752/


                      http://www.uggabugga.net/forum

                      Comment

                      Unconfigured Ad Widget

                      Collapse
                      Working...
                      X