Venom vs. Lobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Venom vs. Lobo

I drew this for the Venom vs. draw-off. Let me know whatcha think. Thanks.

Salamé!

My Deviant Art Gallery

PJ Sketch Blog

Wow, that's awesome. I really like the energy and movement of this piece. Your shading looks great as well.
    I think that maybe venoms triceps could be a little bigger.

Comment

Other than the rather skinny calf muscle on Venom's leg and the above mentioned crit, good stuff. Good luck in the d-o!
      PUMMEL: 1 Win | 0 Losses | 1 KO

Comment

Obviously it's really good. I agree with the comment about the small calf muscles. Venom seems a little stiff. There's alot of action in the picture, but where is Venom coming from? He kind of looks like he's just jumping up into the air. Venoms legs seem to be out of dimension. They almost look like they're in front of him.
        www.myspace.com/j3ttz
        http://www.comicspace/j3tt

Comment

At first glance, there are just two things that really strike me.
          First, this looks really great, in particular because of the great shading.
          Second, I really thought venom was revealing his huge privates and it took me a second look to notice it was Lobo's forearm
          I think the composition in this area is just not as "lucky" and the shading and the slightly off foreshortening on his left upper arm make his forearm not really look like being a part of his body at all.

Then what bugs me a bit is the pose of Venom's legs. One leg should maybe appear stretched out or something, because right now the pose looks a little funny.

Other than that this is really great, lots of action and depth and as mentioned I particularly dig the shading.

Regards,
          Sven

Comment

Great work Jake. I like the detail, especially what you did with the chains.

Comment

Prager- hey thanks alot. I appreciate that. Good look on the triceps.

Spartan- Thanks for the comments. Good eye on the calf muscle as well. I was so amped to get Lobo looking right that I must've cheated Venom a little. Yeah, I see some nice pieces in that there draw off. This is my first piece in a while so I'm just happy to be drawing again. Thanks.

j3tt- Thanks for the comments bro. I had a difficult time with Venoms positioning to complement the composition. Good job with the crits. Much appreciated.

kapone-Uh... thats exactly what I was going for. Complete symbolism. Venoms huge alien package is no match for Lobo. ( sarcasm if you can't tell) But seriously, I'm usually pretty good about picking that up( being a middle school teacher you usually develop an immature sense of humour). It must have slipped by me. thanks for the crit buddy.

Studio- Thanks studio. i kinda got crazy with the Quesada-esque chain work there. I thought it would pull the comp together . thanks man.
              Salamé!

My Deviant Art Gallery

PJ Sketch Blog

Comment

This is rendered well, but I'm having trouble conceptualizing the action in this piece. When I try to put it into motion in my mind, it just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Venom's upper body looks perfect, great rendering on the neck and arms. His lower body looks just a bit stiff, like one of his legs should be higher or lower than the other.

All in all, a nice, solid piece though.
                  Keep up the great work!
                  Michael Nelsen
                  50 Foot Robot Studios
                  http://www.50footrobot.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X