GUNS pinup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GUNS pinup

Hey gang! Just finished this one up. Let me know whatcha think! Thanks for lookin'!

Visit my site!
    www.jonathanrector.com

Awesome line work and use of shadows. The only thing I would change is the proportion of sky at the top of the page and the stone at the bottom. The sky area should be larger to allow for the book title and the stone area at the bottom should be less to center the characters a little better. That is just my opinion though.

Really sharp work.
    "I'm not just a member, I'm also the President"

www.facebook.com/newyorkpicasso
    http://eriktorres.deviantart.com/
    @nypicasso....instagram

Comment

Wow great penciling and nice detailing...
      Be Happy & Make All Happy!!!!!

Comment

The light sorce is really working for you here. 2 cents= There is a really bad tangent with the skinny guys leg and the 1-armed-man's right arm. My eyes get stuck there really bad.
        My Deviant Art Page
        My Pummel Matches
        P.U.M.M.E.L. Middle Weight - Stats - Wins 19 - Lose 6 - KO's 16 - Tie 2

Comment

Originally posted by hydekomiksink View Post
          The light sorce is really working for you here. 2 cents= There is a really bad tangent with the skinny guys leg and the 1-armed-man's right arm. My eyes get stuck there really bad.
          Yeah, I agree.

I'm not totally convinced by the way that the giant guy's fingers are wrapping round his wrist either. For one thing, the hands (even considering the foreshortening aspect) seem very different sizes -- and then 3 of those wrapped around fingers lack any real depth. The finger to the left represents the best example of this -- its REALLY flat and almost looks like its coming from 'inside' the wrist rather than representing a solid finger, resting on top of/around the wrist (if that makes sense).

I think those fingers would bbenefit from being moved 'up' slightly - and from having additional finger joints noted with pencil marks (to give them a greater sense of shape and solidity).
          Successful kickstarter UPDATE PAGE

Comment

everything looks pretty slick and cool, but you do seem to have problems not just with the giants hands but all the characters hands seem a bit strange,
            like the women in the foreground, her fingers kind of look wispy like they are made of material.
            - ssjtom circa 1987.

Comment

Awesome shade work. Only thing that jumps out at me is that the woman in the foregrounds legs and butt jump out at you, especially since the guys entire bottom half is solid black. IT clashes with her upper torso, which is rendered more. Great emotion in the faces.
              Last edited by FLINT79; 05-12-2008, 12:24 PM.
              My scratchings:http://flint79.deviantart.com/

Comment

Nice work.

Comment

I totally dig the linework and shadows. As for what have been said about fingers.. I must agree..

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X