Pencils: Michael Turner
    Inks: Jon Sibal

SPIDEY AND MJ

Render Colors - Me
    Flats Colors & Inks - Jeremiah Skipper
    Pencils - J. Scott Campbell

Link back to flats >> https://j-skipper.deviantart.com/art...lats-533897973

------------------------
    Colorist & Flatter here, looking for a project to do. Money IS NOT my main focus, producing great comics is, so my rates will be very negotiable on a per-page and/or per-project basis. I include a link to my portfolio so you can see what I can do.

Portfolio: davidcunningham.deviantart.com…

Contact me at: [email protected]

On the Lara Croft image, you stepped away from the red flesh colored flats in favor for a more orange base. Which is fine if this was an asian character, but Lara is British.

Picking a main light source will help keep everything consistent. Secondary light sources can be added, but don't let them compete to strongly against the main. I placed mine over her right shoulder. Made sense with the crevasse she's climbing. The shadows in the mountains behind her could use some love.

I did a quick mock up for a side to side comparison. For her skin, I went with warmer shadows, so I pushed toward purple to compliment the red. I think you could really push your shadows more. It helps creates better contrast, which gives the image more depth. Use Dodge and Burn sparingly.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
    My Blog
    My DeviantART Page
    PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

I like what Veritas71 suggests - you would almost expect her to be lit from behind. For fun, the sun could be lower (like a sunrise) which might make her climb seem even more intense. The rocks in the front could be much darker, I think - just rim lighting, acting as a window to the bright sky. Would help seperate her position and the mountains, which are very far away but rendered more or less the same.

You might even expect shadows from rocks out of shot to have an influence on her - to suggest more of her climb and add drama.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X