something new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• something new

haven't posted here in a while, here's something new. still learning, still drawing.

thanks

Originally posted by aerosoul View Post
    haven't posted here in a while, here's something new. still learning, still drawing.

thanks
    I think the composition would work better if the moon was moved off to the left. The lady is mostly white, and would stand out better against a black background. You could just make it higher to contrast the black of her hair. The curve of the moon also matches the curve of her bow, which is confusing to the eye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great except for so many overlaps and tangents which make it difficult to read

Comment

I agree that the moon is hurting the overall composition, moving it left is a good solution. Also, the closest thing to us, the viewer, is the dragon's head, which is close to the ground. We are looking up, so I think the background should be just the sky and not the ground. Removing the ground will help define the characters. I also noticed that they are not looking at each other. Eye contact is a good way to lead the viewer's eye. I did a quick mock up for you.

OPEN FOR COMMISSIONS!
        My Blog
        My DeviantART Page
        PUMMEL Statistics: 8 Wins - 3 Losses (6-KO's) 2 Month Champ

Comment

thank you all for your comments/crits! i only noticed the tangents AFTER i had already finished inking. but all good points made and something to keep an eye on and avoid. every day is a new lesson!

Comment

The drawing and inking look really good, I think. Solid shapes and she's good and dynamic.

The background and compostion do slightly make thinks unclear, which is a bit of a shame for the two figures. I'd possibly have had her rearing even higher and have no overlap with her and the monster - she has a bow, they could be a little further apart. He needn't be laying so horizontal, either - I like the shapes he has, but it seems like an unfair fight (which might take a little from the drama). His head is great, maybe just a neck and a claw or something surging up from the pool.

The water idea is also a little unclear - you might have kept the page white at the bottom, which would have given a bit of room to suggest the water a little easier within the frame. Slime and waterplants and bubbles - also ideas, might fit the drawing and make the water easier to render and add a little atmosphere.

I like the drawing a lot, just a few things that came to mind.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X